返回列表 发帖

another 4 OG SC

67. Congress is debating a bill requiring certain employers provide workers with unpaid leave so as to care for sick or newbom children.
(A)        provide workers with unpaid leave so as to
(B)        to provide workers with unpaid leave so as to
(C)        provide workers with unpaid leave in order that they
(D)        to provide workers with unpaid leave so that they can
(E)        provide workers with unpaid leave and

The right Answer D> . The “ they” in it is really ambiguous
I think B is better
What do u think???
--------------------------------------------------------

85. Out of America's fascination with all things antique have grown a market for bygone styles of furniture and fixtures that are bringing back the chaise lounge, the overstuffed sofa, and the claw-footed bathtub.
(A)        things antique have grown a market for bygone styles of furniture and fixtures that are bringing
(B)        things antique has grown a market for bygone styles of furniture and fixtures that is bringing
(C)        things that are antiques has grown a market for bygone styles of furniture and fixtures that bring
(D)        antique things have grown a market for bygone styles of furniture and fixtures that are bringing
(E)        antique things has grown a market for bygone styles of furniture and fixtures that bring

the”that “ in B> modify Market????., it is not correct according to GMAT grammar, but maybe the best of 5 , is it???

----------------------------------------------------------------------
119. Executives and federal officials say that the use of crack and cocaine is growing rapidly among workers, significantly compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, which already are a cost to business of more than $100 billion a year.
(A)        significantly compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, which already are a cost to business of
(B)        significantly compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, which already cost business
(C)        significantly compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, already with business costs of
(D)        significant in compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, and already costing business
(E)        significant in compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, and already costs business

In B, “ which” should modify effects, but , grammatically , it should modify abuse, rite?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

128. New hardy varieties of rice show promise of producing high yields without the costly requirements of irrigation and application of commercial fertilizer by earlier high-yielding varieties.
(A)        requirements of irrigation and application of commercial fertilizer by earlier high-yielding varieties
(B)        requirements by earlier high-yielding varieties of application of commercial fertilizer and irrigation
(C)        requirements for application of commercial fertilizer and irrigation of earlier high-yielding varieties
(D)        application of commercial fertilizer and irrigation that was required by earlier high-yielding varieties
(E)        irrigation and application of commercial fertilizer that were required by earlier high-yielding varieties

I think D. E are both acceptable in meaning ,请教考试遇到此类题目,如何解题最迅速
收藏 分享

67 they 指 employees i think
85, i mean " that" , please explain
119, 看来ets 也自相矛盾
128 answer is E

看来 ets 也不follow 自己的语法规则

67.require sb to do sth or require of sb that...be
  so as to 与so that 主语不同 they prefer to workers
85.FIRST,形容词的位置不能改动。
   SECOND,A MARKEK 应用 HAS
119。WHICH不能指代整个句子。WHICH 指代EFFECTS
128。COSTLY 只能修饰IRRIGATION!

fenyihou , your interpretation of 128 is insightful. I always ignore this kind of point in doing SC. Thanks

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看