返回列表 发帖

LAST

[em16][em20][em15][em17][em01][em08][em14]

Mgz editor : I know that some of our regular advertisers have been pressuring us to give favorable mention to their profucts in our articles , but they should realize that for us to yield to their wishes would actually be against their interestes. To remain an dffective advertising vehicle we must have loyal readership, and we would soon lose that readership if our readerd suspect that our editorial integrity has been compromised by pandering to advertisers.

the mgz editor's argument assums which one of the following?
B) the mgz cannot give any favorable mention in its articles to its regular advertises without compromising its reputation for editiorial integrity.
C)favorable mention of their products in the mgz's article is of less value to the advertisers than is the continued effectiveness of the mgz as an adv vehicle.
correct An is C
I reckon it is logical , since' to yield to their wishes would actually be against their interestes.'
but still insist that B might somewhat be reasonable , isn't it ?...

another Pro goes as follows
Dinosaur expert: Some paleontologists have claimed that birds are descendants of a group of dinosaurs called dromeosaurs . They appeal to the fossil record , which indicates that dromeosaurs have characteristics more similar to birds than do most dinosaurs . But there is a fatal flaw in their argument: the earliest bird fossils that have been discovered date back tens of millions of years than the oldest known dromeosaur fossils , Thus the paleontologist's claim is false.
The expert's argument depends on assuming which one of the following?
A) Having similar characteristics is not a sign that types of animals are evolutionarily related
D)Known fossils is indicate the relative dates of origin of birds and dromeosaurs .

the correct An is D but still I believe A is a less reasonable assumption for the argument , isn't it ?

THaNks [em12]
收藏 分享
Concentrated and Diligent

1.yield to their wishes would actually be against their interestes;we would soon lose that readership if ......
editor并不确定按照广告商的建议去做是否一定会失去读者,因为他用的是would......,只是提供了一种可能性。editor认为这种做法的结果会使杂志不能是an dffective advertising vehicle 给广告商带来损失。

2.paleontologists不是认为dromeosaur和bird有关或者无关,而是认为bird比dromeosaur出现的早,因为birds的化石比dromeosaur的化石年代更久远,所以不能说bird是dromeosaur的后代。所以assumption是D.

thank you , Lousia
although I am still not clear about it ..
i admit my fault in the way that it is not 'focus 'on the problem raised
what's interesting , I observe that's the rule for LAST rather than GMAT
I mean two alternatives so close to each other that one would be correct while the other , be just peripharel

btw , Lousia , the tense 'would' 'will ' matters too , in C,R ?!!

gRD ^^
Concentrated and Diligent

题做得多了会慢慢体会到答案的差别的,何况很多阅读题也要在选项之间斟酌。

不是would和will本身有什么关系,用词不同影响说话人的语气和态度,这只是我个人的看法。

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看