返回列表 发帖

求大神们帮忙定位!

本人top50大学本科大四工程系。GPA3.7+, GMAT750+6,推荐信两封,一封是我实习美林投资银行的AVP,跟我朝夕相处6个月(大老板managing-director也答应写,但是怕写的不够具体,没敢搞),一封是我学校的教授,总共4个实习,一个在美林的6个月做middle office,一个是学校里的start-up帮朋友忙,不是co-founder,一个在政府投资部门做过一段时间,最后在国内的非常好的consulting里面做过,中介推荐我申请mba哈佛2+2,耶鲁SOM等给大学本科学生的MBA。不知道可能性有多大,master申请哥大和NYU的marketing,这两个专业能否保底~申请又需要注意些什么呢?
收藏 分享

主要现在看到别人的经历,感觉自己还不太够,我开始申请比较晚,这边

为了申请考G,上学期没去找工作,心里担心怕opportunity cost太高

为什么本科一毕业就要去读MBA?

自己真心想去management consulting,但是目前资历不太够~

MBA一般要求是3年+的经验。。。0-2年的除非你特别优秀特别出色。。。嗯。。。
另外。。。MC应届生也是招的。。。只是要碰运气。。。btw。。。不靠谱小道消息。。。如果是理工科被MBB啥的招的可能性会比一般的大些。。。

Wow!!! very nice GPA and super test scores!!! I am totally impressed! Okay, so you are at the stage where you have very little experience but a great basis. Now first of all realize that most regular MBA programs are designed for people with 3+ years of experience. So option 1 for you would be to work for two more years and THEN apply. And to be honest with you dude, it's really not a bad option. (even if you feel rushed). I mean you have an a amazing basis for your scores, and that will remain the same. With two more years experience, you will also (I feel personally) get a LOT more out of your education. So if you slow down a bit, I think this might be a great choice.

Your other option (as this consulting company pointed out) would be to do one of the specific MBA programs designed for people with little/no experience, fo which there are basically three worthwhile ones - HBS 2+2, Yale Silver Scholars, and Stanford Deferred... I think your profile is so good that you don't need safe schools. You should be aiming for the top or nothing. If you don't get into a top program, it's better for you to wait two years and apply to a regular MBA.

Which in all honesty, might be a better idea anyhow, cause you'll be older, more mature, more experienced, and you'll probably get a  lot more out of it.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Actually I have some master program in my list. My agent suggested me to try some really high rank schools, such as Harvard or Stanford. I am confused that if I am qualified to go there. For those schools, they do have option to defer my application. or have some programs designed specially for senior undergraduates. I need your advices.

You mean, you have Masters programs which are NOT MBAs??? Well, that is entirely up to you, but the single mod important thing is to make the right decision - meaning, don't just apply because you can get in, but apply where you want to because it can provide you with what you want. Now, I don;t know at this point yet, if you will get into Stanford, but I think your profile is good enough that you should try - You should definitely not be accepting anything less than admission to a top program.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. Yes, I do know my career

goal is to do PE/VC in China. I understand I need experience either

from IBD or consulting. That's why I want a Master/MBA degree. I am

trained in engineering, I need systematic business training. Hence,

I chose some master programs. Of course, HBS, Stanford, Yale will

be my top choices. Here, I think I need some help for my resume and

essay.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看