Texas-Austin (McCombs)2,25340%24%-16
UNC (Kenan-Flagler)1,72047%32%-15
MIT (Sloan)4,49052%38%-14
New York (Stern)4,41641%28%-13
Northwestern (Kellogg)4,49045%34%-11
UCLA (Anderson)2,72747%36%-11
Univ. of Washington (Foster)55838%27%-11

Source: Business schools reporting to Bloomberg BusinessWeek
Notes: Table shows the percentage of international students in the most recent applicant pool for each business school and the percentage of international students who enrolled in the latest entering class in the fall of 2011
收藏 分享
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

原文请点击:http://poetsandquants.com/2011/1 ... higher-rejection/3/
转个很中肯的评论

I studied at a top 10 US MBA. From what I’ve seen, I can say that the biggest reason adcoms don’t want to admit too many internationals, especially Indian and Chinese, is their employability after graduation. Most of the internationals at my school struggled to get internships and full-time offers and had to go back to their home countries after graduation. The reason, apart from the visa problem? Cultural fit and communication skills that hindered them during the recruiting process. Companies look for people who will fit in their organizations and many of these applicants couldn’t show that they would be able to integrate into the culture of a US company.

Another problem was verbal communication skills. Indians fared better here, but I saw many Chinese students who were really bright, but whose verbal skills were very poor. And all these people had GMAT scores of 740 and above, so the test does not tell the whole story. And bear in mind that these people were the ones that the school chose to admit, i.e. they were among the best applicants in the pool.

Being smart is not enough - companies want people who would be able to communicate seamlessly with their teammates on the job. It didn’t help that most of these students didn’t make the attempt to integrate into the broader student population and would cluster together with others of their own nationality. The ones that had the most success in the job search were those that had studied in the US for undergrad. Schools are just being pragmatic about their admissions process – they don’t want to admit people who will not be able to find jobs afterwards and that’s why they try to pick the most employable candidates. So if your English is not fluent close to the level of a native speaker (nobody cares about your accent as long as it’s easy to understand), I’d say you need to work on your verbal communication skills or be prepared to be disappointed during the recruiting process. This is reality and I saw many internationals admit it at the end of the program, when they decided to go back home, but now with a student debt of $150K.
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看