返回列表 发帖

文勇的新托福黄金精选阅读(原黄金29篇)真题[7.1版本]

俺常常收到同学们的邮件要我推荐各种各样阅读材料,问我iBT的复习资料中 Barron, Longman, Delta等等哪个更好。我其实很无奈---因为尽管这些机构很大牌,大牌丝毫都不意味着文章质量高”(比如你可以想想三鹿奶粉)---说这些机构的文章质量不高,并不是说文字写得不好,而是说这些文章的句子结构, 论述方式, 出题思路ETS的并不一致(有时候甚至大相径庭):用这样的材料训练,实在是
事倍功半

于是,我们实在应该去找找ETS出的iBT文章来做:(我们能够找到的|ETS编纂的标准iBT文章有)

OG
之中的13篇文章 ;(其中3篇为第三版OG之中的文章)

次(套)TPO 之中的3*19=57篇文章

早期 报名之时ETS赠送的3篇在线测试题

ETS
官方给出的模考软件之中抽出的1篇文章;

于是这个文档在我的一时兴起之下,出现了:

OG拿在手上,可以一个个字的敲成电子版;TPO的所有考试都是在自己的计算机进行,于是可以一边花钱参加考试,一边截图与录像---再利用截下来的图片,逐个的敲下来;早期的ETS赠送的3篇在线测试题,我也恰好有电子版本;官方的模考软件稍微用点功夫,就能将文章提取并复制出来。虽然工作有些繁杂,但总算完成了所有文章的敲打工作。再花了些时间,把这74篇文章都做了答案,附在文章的后面。(由于TPO之中有3篇文章与OG中完全重复,于是减去3,只剩下74篇。)同时我还更正了OG上几个明显的错误(详见文后附录)当然,我还做出了方便大家理解文章的参考译文,附在文章的后面。

在这74篇由ETS出的文章没有做完之前,我们实在不应该花时间在任何其他的题目之上。我有时候甚至会对着我的弟兄们高呼:“没有把这74篇做3遍,你好意思上考场么?你好意思花钱在任何一本垃圾书上面么?

另外,如果你正在准备iBT-SAT-GRE的作文部分或者写留学文书,也应该仔细的琢磨一下这些文章:经过ETS打磨的文章,无一不是精妙绝伦,极具模仿价值。常常有同学拜托我帮她(他)写PS,也说起自己的句子怎么看都像是小学生写的(尽管用上了GRE里面的单词),于是会随口问我“勇哥,您的写作能力是怎么训练出来的。”我说,“看呗,看呗:托福文章看多了,写作能力自然就提高了。”

“这ETS的这些文章真的那么好?”。每当听到这个问题,我都会装做赵本山的样子来一句“谁用谁知道~~”

收藏 分享

欢迎进行未删节的转载|且不必告诉我你转载到哪里去|都是一个战壕里面的弟兄啊…

一开始做这件事情的时候,文档之中有不少的typo,还好获得了弟兄们的支持和理解,这个文档的错误才慢慢的越变越少。很感激大家对这个文档的关心和帮助,这个文档还是会一直地做下去,为大家提供第一手的托福阅读复习资料。
新增加文章的翻译还在进行当中,请大家耐心等待~:)

既然这些文章都是托福真题,那么它们的出处具体是怎么样的呢?
TPO1来自网上公布的题目,TPO2来自OG,TPO3来自2006年8月12日,
TPO4来自2006年10月8日,TPO5来自2008年3月8日,TPO6来自2007年12月10日
TPO7来自2007年2月24日/2007年12月14日
TPO8来自2008年2月9日/2008年12月21日
TPO9来自2008年5月4日,TPO10来自2008年6月7日,
TPO11来自2006年12月8日(阅读+口语)/2006年12月15日(听力+写作)
TPO12来自2006年12月8日(听力+独立写作)/2006年12月15日(阅读+口语)/2007年12月1日(综合写作)
TPO13来自2006年6月9日/2007年6月30日

Introduction
Many students sent me E-mail, asking me to recommend some reading materials. Of assorted iBT preparing materials, Barron, Longman, Delta, etc, which is the best? As often as not, I feel at a loss: does brand equal to quality? These branded institutions are highly publicized, however, their passages and questions are not necessarily of quality. Does the brand “Sanlu” mean something to you? “QUALITY and safety are the foundations of social harmony,” proclaim posters at the headquarters of the Sanlu Group, until recently one of China’s biggest producers of milk powder. Now we all know that Sanlu Scandal has been more than an embarrassment. To say that these “branded” passages are not of quality does not mean they are not stylish, elegant or carefully-written; in fact, I discovered that the passage types, sentence patterns, arguing methods, and arrangement of questions are not quite consistent with, and sometimes even wildly divergent from those of ETS. I reflect that practicing with these materials cannot expect a satisfactory result. At this, we should collect ETS’s original passages and questions. Such passages available include:

1.        13 passages in Official Guide (OG);
2.        19sets from TPO, with 3 passages included in each set, 57 passages in total;
3.        3 passages provided by ETS to the applicants for a test on line in the early time of iBT,
4.        1 passage extracted from the simulated exam software provided by ETS;
(3 passages in TPO are abstracted from OG, so they are exactly the same)

Then, I cannot resist the temptation to make such a text: I typed every letter of the 13 passages in OG into computer; I paid dollars for the TPO and completed it myself, filming the screen and capturing every page. Then I typed all the passages with the help of videos and captured pictures. The 3 passages in the on-line test happened to be available to me; and as for the one passage in the simulated exam, though with a little difficulty, I nevertheless succeeded make an electronic text of it. Of course, I finished all these questions and attached the answer to end of this text. Eventually, the final “deluxe” edition of this text, including 71 passages in aggregate (3 passages in TPO are abstracted from OG, so they are exactly the same. Then taking 3 from 74 leaves 71 passages at last. ) I insist that before carefully finished and studied these 71passages, we should not let ourselves distracted by any other materials. Sometimes, I yelled to my students, only a joke, “If you had not studied these passages and questions 3 times at least, how could you be barefaced enough to sit in the exam room? Shame on you to waste your mother’s money buying other costly books!”

In addition, have you got ants in your pants every time you make a stab at writing? Do you go berserk for your personal statement? If you are preparing for the iBT, SAT, GRE, etc, writing, essays, or your personal statement, these passages can also be of help: polished by ETS, words, sentence, and structures of these passages are “epic…”, and worth imitating for none-native English users. Frequently, friends asked me to help with their personal statement, complaining why what they had written looked so naïve, immature and awkward, even littered with those “glorious noble” GRE words (Actually, these words made their personal statement even freak!). And they asked, “Wenyong, my brother, how you forged your impressive writing skills?”  I said, “Read! Read! And read again! The more you read, the better you write.” “Are these iBT passages really so amazing?” I affected a tone of a comedian, “try them!”

How good can these passages be? “They are golden, they are precious, they are diamonds!”
                                                               Yours
                                              Wenyong

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看