Recently added electives:
Enterprise Systems & Emerging Technology
Toxic Leadership & Dysfunctional Organizations
Sustainability & Strategic Value
Technology Strategy
Business Process Management
The Environment, Energy, & Business

Last curriculum revision: 2009
Recent curriculum changes: New areas of emphasis added in Sustainability & Information Systems; New Leadership Series of workshops, assessments, & skill sets; CIS-502 Information Systems course removed from core & replaced by several CIS-related electives.
Concentrations and specializations offered to part-time MBAs:

Finance
International Business
Marketing
Other
Entrepreneurship
Leadership

Additional concentrations offered:
Sustainability
Information Management
Health Sector Management

Does the B-school offer an accelerated part-time MBA program? No
Leading areas of study:

Leadership
Finance
International Business
Entrepreneurship
Supply Chain Management
Graduation requirements:

Students must have attended a minimum number of classes
Students must have earned a pre-determined GPA/Letter grade average
Other: Describe in next screen

Credits required to graduate: 48

TECHNOLOGY

Technology improvements in the last three academic years: Upgraded and expanded wireless access points; introduced virtual desktop technology to support unique teaching configurations & software distribution; upgraded data network, servers, & network storage to reduce power consumption & improve responsiveness, capacity, reliability & security; upgraded online LMS; installed new computers & multimedia technology in classrooms; upgraded faculty & staff personal computers.
Amount spent: $2,616,238.00

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI

Living MBA alumni: 14,820
Active MBA alumni clubs: 2
Countries in which MBA clubs exist: 2
Living MBA alumni who gave in past year: 3 %
Mean gift from MBA alumni: $129.00
Median gift from MBA alumni: $50.00
Did school receive an individual gift in excess of $10 million in the past academic year? No
Business school endowment $79,992,901.00
Does the main university offer career placement services for alumni? Yes
Does the main university have an alumni networking Web site? Yes
University alumni networking site: http://asu.edu/alumni
Does the B-School have an alumni networking Web site? Yes
Business school alumni networking site: http://wpcarey.asu.edu/alumni/community.cfm
Do current MBA students have access to an alumni database? Yes

CAREER SERVICES

Do part-time MBAs have access to career development office?
Yes
If yes, at what point in the degree process are part-time MBA students able to use the service?
At any time
Are part-time MBAs permitted to interview for full-time jobs? Yes
Are part-time students included in resume drops? Yes
Organizations that send the most participants to the part-time MBA program:
Intel Corporation 17
Vanguard Group 7
Charles Schwab 6
Arizona State University 5
Salt River Project 5

Strengths are definitely the professors and the vast backgrounds they bring to the classroom. The weakness is that they don’t bring in enough outside real life experiences or guest speakers.

The program met my expectations and helped me develop into a more well-rounded business person. It introduced me to areas of business that would have taken me years to experience in the workplace.

The career management center could have taken more of a role in guiding the part time students. The perception is that the full-time students receive the attention since their program affects the ranking

A lot of the classes followed a similar "case discussion" format. I think mixing up the format of classes would have helped students learn in different ways.

The range of faculty experience and their level of teaching was vastly different. Having multiple sections with multiple instructors further exacerbated the problem. Some faculty have the pulse on the latest trends in business and economy while other are completely bookish and really did not bring the current events into the discussions.

Coming into the business school with an engineering background, I wasn't sure what to expect. The program was challenging and has provided me with a different way and approach to thinking. The faculty was engaging. The Evening MBA staff was very attentive to catering to the working student, which made the process of returning to school easier.

The program administrators were extremely helpful in the dealing with the details of school so I could focus on the learning and education of the program. Doing a lock-step program was great to keep me focused and on task to completing this while still working a full time job.

ASU was extremely challenging and helped me meet individuals with influential business experience. Attending this program allowed me to advance my career and gain a position I would not have gained by attending any other MBA program.

Each course is designed as a part of a master curriculum, and topics covered are reinforced multiple times. It is apparent that the curriculum was planned by a committee, as the content of most courses overlap with others. For example, valuation techniques are covered in Finance, Information Systems and Marketing classes to give students different viewpoints of the concept. Also, NPV is covered in Finance, Decision Analysis, Economics and Marketing classes. This is also true with regression analysis and many strategy frameworks.

There were no formal MBA networking events for Evening MBA. Any meeting or seminars were part of the overall business school. The best MBA networking events were done at the pub.

As a part-time student who is employed full-time, I needed a program that was going to be intense and offer quality education, but that provided flexibility. The ASU program definitely fulfilled those requirements. I specifically like that the program is offered at multiple locations, and there was a location close to my work.

The only thing that I would have liked is a different pricing structure that included electives, which were handled as an ala carte situation - thus making choices difficult when operating within a budget.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看