返回列表 发帖
We have some of the top professors and an outstanding career center. Big companies want Notre Dame kids.

I believe Mendoza makes a concerted effort to make sure that every graduate has solid business ethics before they enter the workplace. Also, the alumni are willing to bend over backward to help current students find jobs and internships.

I feel that my business school cares about me. Beyond my future career, Notre Dame cares about my growth as an individual. The business curriculum not only teaches me the dollars and cents of business but also how to conduct myself socially and ethically. The soft skills learned while here are invaluable assets.

I feel that the professors are of a very high quality, and not just as professors, but as individuals. They care about the material, they care about the students, and they will go out of their way to help students who ask for it. In addition to their classroom skills, many professors are people who I respect as individuals, and I have enjoyed quite a few conversations that have covered a wide variety of subjects, not merely limited to whatever subject that professor may teach. I also feel that the emphasis of ethics and social responsibility by the program as a whole helps to prepare me and my mindset for many of the challenges that professional life will be sure to throw at me.

I think our program's focus on the big picture is somewhat unique in business schools these days. Many schools seem to focus too much on the fundamentals and skill set aspect of a business degree. I feel that I have very strong fundamentals, but also the training to know what to use these skills for. I think many downturns are a result of being too narrow minded and focused on short-term goals. Our program has taught me how to be aware of the big picture at all times and this will only help me be more flexible in my career options. While I am pursuing a career in the actuarial field, I feel confident in my ability to pursue careers in many areas of finance if the opportunities were to present themselves.

I think the amount of research that undergraduates are doing and the types of research is unique. I also think that the amount of speakers and companies that we have to come in and talk to our student body is unique. I also think that our program puts a lot more focus on ethics. In addition, I like how we have to take all the different business disciplines and can not choose our major until the end of our sophomore year.

I think the marketing department is quite balanced in teaching quantitative and qualitative skills. We're not talking only about communications or public relations. I really like that part because it's challenging and relevant. I think it's also unique (though not necessarily good) that every business class includes a group-based project.

All students at Notre Dame are required to take philosophy, theology, social science, and literature (or fine art). Business ethics is a required course for business students as well. These requirements give students a diverse view of the way people see the world, making Notre Dame business students exceptionally well-rounded. Business students spend as much time debating business ethics and philosophy as they do discussing the stock market. This mindset is present in class as well; at least once a week, it seems that an ethical quandry arises in each class.

Notre Dame's emphasis on sending good people out into the world, not just intelligent individuals, will help Notre Dame students stick out in the real world. The emphasis on ethics within the business program is extremely effective and is something that should be replicated by peer institutions.

Our alumni network and career center really make Mendoza students attractive. The Career Center goes out of its way to make recruiters happy whenever they are on campus. It is easy for them though since most of the recruiters who come are alumni who are actively trying to hire ND students.

The alumni influence on our business program is phenomenal. Many of our professors are Notre Dame grads who worked for a few decades in the business world, then came back to teach because they love Notre Dame. During job interviews, it is clear that alumni recruiters absolutely love Notre Dame, and will do everything possible to hire as many Notre Dame grads as they can.

The interaction and communication between teachers, administrators and advisors, and students [makes the program unique]. The students are intelligent and highly competitive but frequently work together and bounce ideas off each other to grow intellectually, socially, and spiritually. The teachers are always supportive with office hours and answering e-mails. They are always looking for us to succeed and are willing to meet with us outside of class to enhance our learning. I have personally had great experiences with the advising and administrative office. I, at one time, was on academic probation. While on probation, I worked closely with the advising office to plan my schedule accordingly, to discuss strategies going forward, and my advisor would occasionally check-in on me to see how I was doing, I was really proud of the program for sticking with me and showing me a new way to succeed.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看