Companies posting internships on job boards, previous academic year:

Top internship recruiters, 2008-09:

Deloitte Touche Tomatsu

Ernst & Young

Nestle

UBS

PricewaterhouseCoopers

Other Internship Recruiters:
First Command 5 Q Investments 5 Alcon 4 Luther King Capital Management 4 TPG Capital 4 Burlington Northern Santa Fe 3 Mary Kay, Inc. 3 TD Ameritrade 3 The Richards Group 3 Aldi 2 Lockheed Martin 2

Percentage of internships that were paid, previous academic year
93  %

Mean internship compensation per week:
$  310

Median internship compensation per week:
$  280

Average internship, in weeks:

It is a very personal and unique learning environment. You have the opportunity to meet and work with every one of your professors outside of class.

It seems that every core business class is taught in the same manner with the same form of testing and classroom experience. More emphasis must be placed on case analysis and critical thinking skills. Tests should be essay based, not multiple choice word banks. Students at the sophomore level should be working on two or three business cases each semester and a final paper or analysis of those cases should determine their grasp of core business concepts. Not enough students know how to apply their knowledge. Rather they know how to be tested on it and then forget it. This is not the case with junior and senior level courses, but core classes must change their teaching/testing styles.

I've found all my professors to be willing and accessible to discuss class material and career paths. Small class size enables professors to know their students on a first name basis as well as have an understanding of their future goals.

There is no place you can balance school, social life, and securing a job with such fluidity and success than TCU. We may not have the respect that the power names like Penn and Harvard have, but you better believe you will walk out the doors of TCU ready to succeed in this world.

Almost every class within the business school has you working in teams. You learn how to communicate with others and get things done with all sorts of different people.

The BNSF Next Generation Leadership Program makes the business program very unique. It is a highly selective, individualized two-year leadership development program involving four academic courses on leadership, personal assessments, coaching and feedback sessions, corporate site visits, leadership speakers, team building, and community service.

The professors and staff members are usually people very well connected in the business world, so it's very easy for students to find internships and jobs after graduation. TCU has all the great benefits of large public universities, but keeps the close community of a small private university.

The Neeley Fellows really set the TCU business school apart from other schools. It requires higher standards for the students, academic and social. The Fellows visit businesses and have harder classes. We get a higher level of training in giving presentations to creating documentation for businesses. They really push the students.

When I graduated from high school I expected my academic experience in college to be challenging. I thought I was going to struggle with classes and have to study hard, which has not been the case. However, with the free time that accompanies a relaxed academic load, there are some advantages. For example, I can spend more time making contacts and networking so I can find a job when I graduate. Also, I have time to be involved in extracurricular activities and even work while maintaining a satisfactory social life. In other words, academically, I think TCU needs to improve; for the rest, it is a remarkable University and I do not regret coming here.

We are overloaded in teamwork activities that do not really benefit us because we never get to see the peer reviews. How can we improve our teamwork abilities if we don't know what things we are doing right and wrong? Also, my grade has always suffered through teamwork. This is due to the fact that when you put "A" students with "C" students, you get a "B" average team. In addition, the fact that I can write a paper and put together a presentation does not necessarily demonstrate good leadership qualities.

The business school has some very good students that have gone onto top firms, but there is not much depth. The top students can compete with anyone, but many of the business students are average.

My experience in the business information systems major was terrible. 90% of the methods and subjects taught were outdated and too much focus was put into old technologies. The professors only understood how to teach from the book and didn't understand how to adapt to new and upcoming methodologies. There's no worse feeling than going to college and coming out with little knowledge on how the real world works. Luckily, I already had experience with running my own business. The other students aren't so lucky.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看