返回列表 发帖
11 UVa Darden

Darden的校友比较明确,基本上是抱怨课业太重了。
还有人对于case method不怎么match的。
总体来说,只要能认可Darden这两个特色的人,都蛮喜欢它的。第11名。

-Darden is a challenging program from both a time and intensity perspective.Although I have also had a lot of fun experiences while at Darden and have metamazing people, I would not urge someone to attend if he is looking for atwo-year vacation or a return to an undergraduate college lifestyle.

-The load of coursework and time spent preparing for classes hamper studentsinterested in entrepreneurial projects.

-Despite being a case method school, the best classes were the ones where theProfessors did a lot of teaching. The downside for me especially in the firstyear was dealing with class participation, which counted for 40-50 percent ofthe total grade. The topics were very new to me and I did not contribute wellenough. This made my grades bad and was sincerely disappointing since classparticipation was a subjective experience and students found ways to game theprofessors.
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

12 Tuck
对于Tuck就业服务的抱怨,是有点让我跌眼镜的。
但是抱怨的校友们也许是不够match(这三个似乎都该去Columbia的,如果能的话),并不是Tuck的问题。
第12名。

-Tuck is not a school for everyone. If you like small communities and enjoy anoutdoor place like Hanover,this is perfect. But for someone who prefers city life, it will be adisappointment.

-If you want to work in finance, our career development office is not ashelpful for positions in finance other than investment banking.

-I loved Tuck, but I would have loved it more had the career development officebeen more helpful in sourcing jobs in investment management and research. Thereneeds to be more than one person working in the Career Development Office whocovers finance career opportunities and summer opportunities for both classes.
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

13 NYU Stern
Stern是个好学校,因为他在纽约。

-I think Stern is a strong MBA program, and I did get a lot out of it, but I dowish the school had a slightly better reputation. Some of my frustrations withbusiness school revolve around the fact that I came to business school notwanting one of the traditional CPG marketing careers and I found that NYU'scoursework and career services were not really geared towards my interests. HadI known more about business school in general prior to going, this wouldprobably not have been a surprise to me. I did get out of it what I wanted inthe end, but it took some navigating.

-Largely worthless experience. The curriculum and course quality is awful,recruiting program is poor, student body is unexceptional. Very disappointing,would absolutely not make the same choice again.

-While the experience has been amazing (academically, professionally, andsocially), the cost of my MBA was exorbitant and my career, being anon-traditional MBA path, will not cover the loan payments. For people like mewho aren't seeking a career in finance, I would advise them to think VERYCAREFULLY before deciding to pursue an MBA because the salaries just don't payfor the education. Perhaps the payoff will be apparent several years down theline, which is what I'm hoping.

14 Cornell Johnson
对于Johnson的抱怨,似乎集中在就业上。

-During my time at the Johnson School, I've noticed adisparity in resources that the school has compared to some of the other highlyranked MBA programs.

-Cornell is not at all good for banking or private equity. I did not reallyknow that. I think it is also not good for international [students]. I thinkCornell is a great undergrad school but an average MBA school.

-Cornell's biggest issue is its location, and it is very surprising to me thatthe school doesn't do more with its career services office to overcome thatissue. There is--from my perspective, anyway--a complete lack of marketing toalumni and prospective recruiters in non-[Investment Banking] finance roles.For a school with its own hedge fund and an immersion program dedicated to"capital markets and asset management," I would expect more of anemphasis on placement within research positions on both the buy-side and thesell-side.

15 UM Ross
对Ross的抱怨也是就业上。

-I was enrolled in a three-year dual degree program focused on sustainableenterprise, and I would 100 percent encourage friends with similar interests toenroll at Michigan. If I had a friend who was interested in, say, finance andreally wanted to work on Wall Street, I would not recommend Michigan asstrongly just because Ross is known for having strengths in leadership,operations, marketing and general management, and less of a strength infinance.

-Michigan isneither a place that will present you all the resources on a platter, nor is ita name that can open doors for you by itself. While all the resources are here,it requires heavy self-initiative, which not all students have. But for thosethat like this, there's no lacking in what is available here. Michigan truly is for those who areaction-based and like everything student-initiated.

-While I enjoyed many aspects of my experience at Ross, there were some thingsthat I am concerned about; most importantly the quality of the career servicesdivision, and its efforts. Clearly, the office of career development could havedone more to further the cause of students in this tough year (While manyequally ranked and lower ranked schools did much better in terms of placements,the Ross numbers were not great).

-My MBA experience was spoiled due to bad economy and not being able to makethe career shift I wanted. Besides, I had to take a pay cut post-MBA. I wouldnot suggest MBA for a person with as much experience as I had (seven years postMS in Electrical Engineering).

-I doubt the incremental value that MBA will bring given the super-expensivetuition.

16 Duke Fuqua
很少见到Top MBA的学生如此抱怨他们学校的。考虑到Duke今年在BW的排名飙升,更让人觉得,神马“数据”,都tmd是浮云,可能还是我这个主观的更靠谱。
抱怨的范围,不仅是就业,包括学校发展战略,教育方式,学校氛围。
希望Fuqua能够加油。

The career services at Fuqua are extremely poor. Students are attracted intothe program by advertising a strong network and outstanding relationships withtop companies. As soon as the recruitment season begins, students come torealize that the number of companies coming to the campus is much much smallerthan advertised, students are encouraged by the schools Career ManagementCenter to look for jobs off campus and the much advertised career counseling isdone by second-year students, not professionals, but second-year students(often students with no U.S. job market experience).

-Simply put, whether you're an American or international student, if you wantcareer services, including counseling, strong connections to top companies, andsuccessful job placement, Fuqua is NOT for you!

-I truly enjoyed Fuqua, but sometimes I found that the social atmosphere can bevery much like college or high school.

-My biggest critique of the program has to do with the alumni network. They areextremely enthusiastic and helpful, but simply due to the age of the program(less than 40 years old) it is not as robust as I would have liked. It wasdifficult to make connections at organizations outside of the mainstream onesthat recruit on-campus. My career goals lie in sustainability, where jobs areall about networking.

-[It's] a great school, but it needs to focus more on the full-time MBAprogram, rather than opening campuses in other countries or other degreeprograms. It distracts the school from its core mission.

-My program is fast--six week courses per term. With the speed of lectures, theshorter time period to learn the material, and the structure of groupassignments, it wasn't the best way for me to grasp the information. Thissituation would leave me frustrated and sometimes questioning my decision totake the class.

以上数据本人随意采自校友的comment,也请其他网友火眼金睛,帮忙摘取更多有价值的信息。
如果有,我会更新的。
至于排名本身,也不必太在意了,只是个列出各学校的校友comment的顺序而已。

good

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看