返回列表 发帖

托福-机经口语准备

第1题:讲述一个你学到新东西的过程,你是怎么克服困难学到的
The experience I gonna talk about is learning to play guitar when I was taking the music course in the college. First of all, I tried my best to know and love this course. I mean, appreciate the beauty of this instrument. For example, I like video game. So I play the Guitar Hero, which is a famous video game, to develop an interest in it. Because I believe interest is the best teacher. Finally, I found playing guitar can gives me a lot of fun and I love it! Another point worth mentioning is the importance of practice. Practice makes perfect. So I kept practice playing guitar day and night. And I can practice with my friends who also love guitar. That’s cool.

第2题:每天听或看新闻,还是不定期看新闻。
I prefer to read news every day. First of all, it helps me to keep pace with the development of society and I can know the important information, especially the business information from it. For example, I play stock in the market. So the news is very important for me because what happened in the real world has a great influence on the stock market. I must catch the news in time and make quick decision. Also, I can talk about the issues or funny stories from the news with my family. That just gives me a good opportunity to communicate with them and makes my life more colorful and enjoyable. In a word, I like read news every day.

第3题:图书馆限制借书到10本,理由是学生一次借太多书看不过来。还有不按时还甚至丢书。
女生反对,说她写research paper, 一次就需要20本, 另外,图书馆这样做明显是不信任学生,她从不会不按时还,不会把书弄丢
The announcement from the university library says that the library is planning to limit the number of the book that the students can borrow in one time to 10. Because the library thinks that the students can’t read that many books in one time and a lot of students don’t return the books in time, even lose books.
In the conversation, the woman disagrees with this new policy with two reasons.
First, students often refer to a lot of books when they prepare for papers. The woman mentions that when she was doing the research paper, she need 20 books once. So 10 won’t be enough. Second, it is apparent that the library should trust students, and in fact, she often keeps books well. In addition, she always returns the books in time. Therefore, she disagrees with the new policy.

第4 短文介绍了为什么动物要迁徙,因为温度的变化和天敌的威胁,还有就是他们需要食物
speech教授举了squid的例子。 白天沉到 黑暗的水里躲避天地,晚上浮出水面觅食
In this set of materials, the reading passage introduces a definition, vertical migration, which means that the sea animals vertically migrate in order to avoid the threats from the predators and search for food. In the lecture, the professor takes the squid as an example to explain this definition. During the daytime, the squid will sink into the dark bottom of the sea to avoid predators. At night, the squid will float to the surface to find food.

第5 一个女生想听一个很有名的教授的creative writing的课,但是教授要求大家写一篇short story,然后他自己选择学生。这个女生从来不看short story,
但是擅长写诗,发表过作品,就问对话中的男生是应该硬着头皮写short story还是应该写诗以替代
1.可以现在就写,可是只有四天,故事一定不会多好;2.她最近看了很多有关诗的书,想写一篇诗代替故事,但她自己觉得这样不好。
The woman's problem is that she wants to sign up for a creative writing course taught by a famous professor. The professor requires everybody to hand in a short story which is written by them, and then he will choose the students himself. However, the woman is too busy to do this job. And the woman faces two possible solutions. First, she could force herself to write a short story in the last four days. Second, she could hand in a poem which was published before instead. Personally, I recommend that the woman should choose the former one for the following two reasons. First, short story is absolutely different from poem. If the woman hands in the poem, the professor may not be happy about that. Moreover, if the woman fails to finish the short story this time, how she can make the professor believe that she can do well in this course.

口语6 教授讲早期人类是怎么保持火种的。
1. knowledge of fire。开始人类不知道,偶然把木头靠在一起摩擦擦出火,于是了解了木头是能维持火的材料;
2. social work。早期人类要注重合作 work together来保护火种,不然如果大家都睡着了,等醒来后就会发现火灭了。
In this lecture, the professor introduces two means of avoiding crushing out the fire in order to keep warm and scare the animals when the early people were living together. The first way is that they obtained the technical knowledge. For example, the early people didn’t know how to maintain the fire. They found the usage of wood by accident, so they began to add the wood to keep the fire burning. The second way is that they started to utilize the social skill to achieve this goal, which means that the early people learned to work together. For example, the early people found that the fire was out if everyone go to sleep and no one protect the fire. They noticed the importance of cooperation. So they began to guard flame and add wood in turns.
收藏 分享
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

1. 国家在近二十年内最大的变化:
The most important development of my country is the wide spread use of Internet. And it has a significant effect on people’s life. One great thing about Internet is that it provides seas of information of various kinds of fields. For example, when I want to find some background materials for a research paper, it is very easy and effective to get the information. What’ more, the Internet changed the way people communicate with others. I can make friend through the Facebook and talk with them by MSN. And it’s also very convenient to send E-mails to get in touch with others. These all are the benefits the Internet brings to us.

2. 父母是否是我们最重要的老师:
I agree that parents are the most important teachers for the following reasons. First of all, our parents begin teaching us the moment we are born. So the parents are our first teachers. We learn the basic skills from them, like how to eat, how to walk, how to communicate with each other. What’s more, the parents are also our best teachers. They will spare no effort to teach their children and never lose their patience. For example, whenever I’m trapped into difficulties and feel depressed, my parents are always the first to encourage me. So parents are not only the first but also the best teachers. In a word, they are the most important teachers in our lives.

3.阅读:大学校报通知,学校计划将为学生聘请一位知名director,辅导学生spring musical的举办,好处有二:
1)这个导演要在学校theatre辅导学生编排一部戏剧,学生可以学到很多;
2)这个知名导演可以吸引学生看剧。
听力:女生反对,因为:
1)这个导演很忙,一星期只能来学校一次;
2)这个director并没有增加学生人数,因为,他只有在业界出名,一般学生都不知道他是谁。

The announcement from school says that the university plans to invite a famous director to teach students to direct a spring musical, which was always directed by students, for the following two reasons. Firstly, the students will learn more things if the director can teach them to direct a play. Secondly, a number of students will be attracted by the name of the director. However, in the dialogue, the woman opposes this plan for the following two reasons. Firstly, this director is so busy that he can come to the university only once a week, so he doesn't have time to pay attention to teaching so many students. In fact, the woman has done a lot of work by her own. Secondly, the woman didn’t believe the number of the students will add because the director is only famous in this area, not in other majors.

4. 尝试新事物后的反应:
阅读:当人尝试到新事物时,如果不喜欢就会改变他对这产品的印象。
听力:Professor却举了一个例子:他们在提供coffee 的sample 给愿意接受市调的人,但是在里面加了盐巴,喝起来味道会怪怪的。但是喝完coffee的人,因为看过广告,还是会跟广告里面的人一样,认为这coffee 很棒。
In this set of materials, the reading passage introduces a definition, backward farming, which means that when a person tries a new thing, like a product, the sales man will change his impression on that product even if he doesn't like it at first.  In the lecture, the professor provides us with an example to illustrate it. A group of people were asked to drink sample coffee with salt and vinegar without being aware of it. And then they were asked to watch a serious of advertisements. Finally, having been affected by the actors, this group of people also expressed their ideas that the coffee was delicious.

5. 女生计划下周要带一帮孩子去参观博物馆,但tour guy生病了。于是女生没办法带他们去。两个解决方案:1)女生说,女生自己带他们去参观博物馆,但她担心自己没向导懂得多,解说得没有他好。2)男生提议,换个时间再去参观,reschedule her time。但女生说换时间的话又要和博物馆重新预约,又要从家长那拿permission,还要arrange tickets。题目:你觉得哪个方案好?
The woman wanted to take a group of children to visit the museum, however, the tour guide got sick. To cope with this problem, the woman faces two possible solutions. First, the woman could take the children to the museum by herself. And second, she could reschedule their visit. From my point of view, I recommend the woman choose the first solution for the following two reasons. First of all, it is a good opportunity for the woman to improve herself, and she will broaden her horizons by preparing the knowledge. And secondly, reschedule may cause a lot of troubles such as the permission from the parents, arranging tickets, and making an appointment with the museum. So, in my opinion, it is better for the woman to choose the first choice.   
6. 讲到动物为了生存,会有两种演变,一种是改变身体的部份来适应环境 或是防御掠食者,一种是装死,改变自身的行为来骗过掠食者。

In the lecture the professor introduces two ways of evolution when animals are protecting themselves. The first means of evolution is structure adaptation, which means that animals have to develop their body shape in order to adjust to the environment or defend predators. The second way of evolution is behavior adaptation, which means that the animal can change their behavior to confuse the predators. For example, there is a kind of animal who can pretend to be dead when they are in danger to fool their predators.
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

1. 你童年学到了什么东西?What did you learn in your childhood?
The experience I gonna talk about is learning to play guitar when I was in my childhood. First of all, I tried my best to know and love guitar. I mean, appreciate the beauty of this instrument. For example, I like video game. So I play the Guitar Hero, which is a famous video game, to develop an interest in it. Because I believe interest is the best teacher. Finally, I found playing guitar can gives me a lot of fun and I love it! Another point worth mentioning is the importance of practice. Practice makes perfect. So I kept practice playing guitar day and night. And I can practice with my friends who also love guitar. That’s cool.

2. 有人喜欢把时间排得很满,有人喜欢留很多free time。你呢?
I prefer to have a full schedule and more actives. First, I’m an extroverted person, very sociable and talkative. So I like to take part in various kinds of school activities which make my life more colorful and enjoyable. It also provides me more chances to communicate with others and learn from them. For example, I participated in the Students’ Union to make more friends. Secondly, I think that life is limited, so I would like to take the most use of it and experience more. Having full schedule makes me feel energetic and passive. I do not want to waste any time to just idle away.

3. 学校校报一类的东西停止发放,理由:一是改为website;二是学生写review的参与性不高某男反驳,一是校报本来到处都是,很方便拿的,放到网上就没人去看了;二是你这样一搞那么学生参与就更少了笨;此外建议一个:给学生付工资,那么参与的人一定多了,学校也有这个budget。

The announcement from school says that the school plan to eliminate the newsletter on the university newspaper, for the following reasons. First, the newsletter is changed to be put in the website, so students can get the information through the Internet. Second, there are few volunteers who write event reviews. However, in the dialogue, the man opposes this announcement for the following two reasons. First, it is easy and convenient for students to get newspaper anywhere around campus. In contrast, if the school put the newsletter on the Internet, it will be so inconvenient that little students would like to read it.  Second, if the university eliminates the newsletter, there will be even less students who would write reviews. However, if the university pays students for writing reviews, there will be more students would like to write the reviews.

4. 阅读:priming。人的想法和行为跟以前的experience 有关。 听力:举例说一个学生坐在公交车里,在想着她的作业什么的,因为她自己是学生,当她看到一个男生打开书并在上面写字,她就很自然的认为那个男生也是个学生。但是如果有另一个人也在车里,而她昨天刚写完一本书,因为她自己是个writer,当他看到这位男生写字,就会认为他是个poet,以为他在笔记本上写poem。

In this set of material, the reading passage introduces a principle, priming effect, which means that people tend to give perspective about what they see based on their personal experiences. In the lecture, the professor uses two examples to explain this principle. The first example is about a female student who is thinking of the writing homework. When she see a stranger is sitting there with an open book, and at the same time, he is writing something, as a result, the female student will consider the stranger as a student. The second example is about another woman. She is also sit on the bus. She is a writer and finished a poem just night. When she notices that stranger, and find he is writing on an open book, the writer will consider the man as a writer.

5. 男同学作业还没写完,明早到期,但他朋友已经帮他买演唱会的票是今晚的演唱会。二个解决办法:1. 看完演唱会回家写,熬夜写完就来得及(但他又说看完演唱会太累,无法专心完成);跟他朋友取消一起看演唱会(但他朋友已经先付钱买票给他了,怕他会不高兴.
The man accepted an invitation from his friends to a concert. However, he hasn't finished his paper yet. To cope with this problem, the man faces two solutions. First, he can work on the paper after the concert. And second, he can cancel the invitation by his friend. Personally, I recommend the man to choose the latter one for the following reasons. First of all, it is obvious that writing the paper is more important than listening to the concert. After the concert, the man will be too tired to finish it. In addition, the quality of the paper can't be promised. Second, his friends could understand the man if the man tell his friend the fact. And his friend can ask someone else to go to the concert with him instead.

6.Mammal 变成妈妈后会变得很勇敢很有自信。
实验场所:两种容器,一种像下水道,另一种没有top,可以看到上面。
老教授讲了,妈妈rats 跟non 妈妈rats 的表现不一样,妈妈会很勇敢出去寻食,两种通道都敢走,因为要feed 她的baby,同时呢也更有机会找到更safe 的地方.可是non 妈妈很fearful,比较想待在safe 的地方,只走像下水道那个。
In this lecture the professor introduces a principle. According to this principle, we will know that mother animal will be more brave and confident than non-mother animal. The professor uses a controlled experiment to explain this principle. Two groups of mature female rats were asked to search food in two kinds of containers. One of the containers looks dangerous without a top for the rats, while the other looks safer, just like drainage. The result showed that the mother rats went to search for food in both containers bravely, for the reason that they had to feed their babies and had more chances to find a safer place to stay. However, the non-mother rats were so fearful that they only want to stay in the safe place and search food in the container which has a top.

第1题 Favorite activity with family in your childhood
My favorite activity with family in my childhood is playing tennis. First of all, I'm crazy on playing tennis and most of my family members are good at it. So playing tennis with them helps me to progress and become more skillful. Moreover, play tennis with my family offers a good opportunity for us to communicate with each other. For example, we laugh, we play and we share our own story. These do great help to enhance the relationship among us and help me to relieve from the stress, too. I mean, this activity really cheers me up and makes me feel relaxed inside. That’s the reasons why I love playing tennis with my family in my childhood.

第2题:class assignment 早上做还是晚上做好,为什么
Personally, I think it's better to do class assignment in the morning. First of all, I’m an early bird rather than a night owl. So doing assignment in the morning is more effectively and efficiently for me. You know, after a sound and good sleep, I will feel relaxed and more energetic. With a fresh mind, I can easily focus on the assignment and accomplish it better. What’s more, if I come across some problems in my assignment, I can discuss the problems with friends or call the teacher for help in the rest of day. In conclusion, I think doing class assignment in the morning is much better.

口语3 文章说关于取消写作课,说science专业的不需要练习write. 听力:男反对 1science光research是不行的,还要让人能看懂。2History,English,其他专业都要练习写作 science不练习会不如其他学生 work hard  
In the reading material, we learn that the university is planning to cancel the writing course in the major of science. The university believes that science major’s job is to do experiment and it’s unnecessary for them to take the course. In addition, science majors are too busy to have the course. In the conversation, the woman disagrees with the announcement with the following two reasons. First, experiment is not the whole thing for science majors; they need good writing skills to write research paper to spread their thoughts. Second, majors from other areas, such as history and English are equal busy. They need to do research in the library and write papers. So the science majors should also have writing course.

口语4文章指learning before we birth.听力:举了一个murrbird,蛋还没孵出的时候,mother bird就唱歌,不同的mother bird叫声不同。baby孵出后,和一群baby挤在一起,可motherbird飞过的时候一唱歌,小baby也跟着唱,因为是enique的,mother就可以认出自己的baby。
The reading passage gives us a definition of prenatal learning, which means the babies usually begin learning before birth. In this lecture, the professor gives a talk on that phenomenon. He takes a kind of bird as an example to illustrate it. The mother bird makes unique sound toward her eggs before they hatch. After the hatch, baby birds are very close to each other and they all look alike. The mother bird will make the sound she made to her baby before it hatches. Her baby bird will follows her and makes the same sound. Because the sound is unique, so the mother bird can recognize its baby easily, feed it and take care of it.

口语5,女生要搬家,要修墙上的洞等弄坏的,一种是房东请人修,但要付很多钱,她付的起,但不想付;一种是她自己修,但明天就要搬,时间很紧,又很累;你觉得怎么好
In the conversation, the woman is going to move to a new department tomorrow morning. However, she needs to fix some nail holes on the wall in her old apartment. The woman faces two possible solutions. First, she can ask the owner to find some professional workers to fix it. Second, she can go to buy the stuff and fix it by herself. Personally, I recommend the former one for two reasons. First, time is limited. The woman will be exhausted if she finishes the job by her own. And it can be too tired for her to move next morning. Second, the woman can afford the cost. So I think it’s better for the woman to ask others to finish the fixing working.

口语6,sense of 相信自己能成功做某事的信心,两种途径获得:自己的以往经历(例子:学数学);相似人的model(例子:姐姐学钢琴)
口语6两个例子了fromexpierence例子1一个人math很好,下次考试也会很有信心,这个就是sense of xxx. from other socialmodule,如果一个人和自己similar,他可以conque困难,那么自己也会相信可以,例子2两个孩子,sister可以弹琴很好,那么另一个也会认为自己可以做好
In the lecture, the professor talks about a theory: self-rectification, which means someone’ own belief on the ability to do something well. Then he explains that there are two types of way that people can achieve it. The first way is based on their own past experience. For example, if you are good at math and you always do well in the math exam. For the next time, you will still believe that you can do well in the coming exam. Then, the professor goes on to talk about the other way: through other people’s model, whose is similar to you. You will believe you can conquer the problem if the similar people can do it. For example, among the sisters, if the elder sister can play the piano well, the younger sister thinks their experiences are similar, so she will believe that she can play the piano well, too.

1.Describe one way of life in your country has been changed and why it is beneficial
One way of life has been changed is the wide spread use of internet. One great thing about Internet is that it provides seas of information of various kinds of fields. For example, when I want to find some background materials for a research paper, it is very easy and effective to get the information. What’ more, the Internet changed the way people communicate with others. I can make friend through the Facebook and talk with them by MSN. And it’s also very convenient to send E-mails to get in touch with others. These all are the benefits the Internet brings to us.

2.做事是喜欢刚开始就准备还是到了due day才开始准备,原因
I prefer to prepare at the beginning. First, setting about preparation at the beginning will helps me to have a better analysis about the situation and make a proper plan. For example, when I was going to take the Toefl test, I begin to prepare two months ago. I can plan how long it will take to improve my speaking skills, when to do the reading stuffs and so on. What’ more, once I come across some occasional affairs, I still have time to find the solution or make changes. For example, when I was prepare for the test and I was ill suddenly, and I changed the plan and still did a good preparation. That’s the reasons why I like to prepare at the beginning.

3.关于学校要求新生参加学习小组的通知,学校认为这样做有两个好处:<1>帮助学生掌握学习技巧<2>让学生结交新的朋友 女生不同意,认为<1> 很多学生已经知道怎么样学习,这样做会浪费时间.<2>学生都是在一个教室上课,迟早会认识成为朋友的,不需要通过在图书馆加入学习小组认识新的朋友

The university is planning to ask the new students to take part in the group study. For one thing, group study can help the students to acquire the basic learning skills. For another, students can make new friends during the group study. In the conversation, the woman disagrees with the plan for the following two reasons. First, group study is a waste of time because many students have already knew how to study well. Second, all the students are taking classes in the same classroom. So they will know each other sooner or later. There is unnecessary for them to make friends during the group study. That’s why the woman dislikes the announcement.

4 动物都有maitain自己的方法,有的时候保持同一个size防止外部威胁,有的时候adjust size获取资源,然后听力里给了大猩猩的例子,他们晚上睡觉的时候都是100个左右在一起,规模基本很稳定,防止别的动物攻击,但是白天觅食的时候会分成小规模去不同的地方。

In this set of materials, the reading passage talks about the way animal use to maintain themselves. Sometimes, the group of animals keeps in a large size to avoid the predators. Sometimes, the animals adjust their group size to acquire resources. In the lecture, the professor takes the gorillas for an example to illustrate it. There are nearly 100 gorillas sleeping together to protect them from the predators at night. The size of the group is stable. However, they change into small groups to search for food during the day time, because of the fact that smaller groups can bring more food to them.

5男生因为搬家伤了后背,所以想换个工作,原来是在书店搬运重物到书架。现在有两个选择,一个是继续留在书店,当收银员,但是会合他的study meeting时间上有冲突,另一个选择是去cafeteria洗盘子,但是钱少。

The man wants to change a job because he hurt his back and can’t take the heavy books to the bookshelves in the book store. The man faces two possible solutions. First, he can be the cashier and stay in the book store. Second, he can go to the cafeteria and clean the dishes. Personally, I would recommend the man change to the cafeteria for the following two reasons. First, the working time as a casher conflicts with his study meeting time. That’s means he cannot go to the study meeting if he take the cashier job. Second, it’s not easy for him to change to a cashier in the bookstore since they’ve already had one.

6社会的稳定性有两种形式形成,一是人们从事同一个种类的工作,这样大家有共同的作息时间,共同的关注点等;另一个是从事不同种类的工作,做出不同的贡献,人们相互依赖,从而形成稳定性。
In the lecture, the professor talks about a theory of social stability. Then he introduces two ways of formation of social stability. First, when people engage in the same kind of work, they will have the same schedule and focus on the same thing. In this way, social stability forms. The second way is by doing the different works. When people engage in various kinds of works, they will rely on each other, so the social stability forms.

081205 NA
1.What suggestion would you like to give to a child who is starting school for the first time? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why this suggestion is important.
Personally, I would suggest the child to study hard. First of all, studying is the most important task for a student. It can bring the student a much better future. Take me as an example. I went to a famous college thanks to my hard studying during my childhood. What’s more, the habit that developed in the childhood can influence the child even life time long. I develop a serious attitude towards what I have to do, such as homework, exams or even finding jobs. I always try my best to do it well. These all are the benefits hard working gives me. So I would suggest the child to study hard when starts school for the first time.

也可能是复数:
What suggestions would you like to give to a child who is starting school for the first time. Use reasons and specific examples to explain why these suggestion is important.
The suggestions I would like to give to a child is as followings. Firstly, I would suggest the child to find his interest. Interest is a powerful impetus for study. and with interest, learning will be more enjoyable for the child who is starting school for the first time. Another one I want to mention is that he should be brave to raise questions to their teacher rather than passively accept what the teacher taught. Once they build up the habit of independent thinking, it will make a positive effect on the further study. Besides that, I will advise the child to take school activates as many as possible. Because school activates will offer a good opportunity for the child to communicate with others and learn from others.

2. Some people prefer to live in places where climate doesn’t change very much. While others prefer to live in places where climate changes with seasons. Which one do you prefer? Include reasons and details in your explanation.

In my opinion, I prefer to live in the places where climate changes with seasons. One great thing about it is that I can experience different sceneries with the change of seasons. I can feel the bracing breeze on my face in spring, smell the sweet flowers in summer, appreciate the gold leaves in fall and play the white snow in winter. As I'm keen on the photograph, the various sceneries in different seasons offer me a good opportunity to develop my hobby.
Another point worth mentioning is that with the change of climate, I can wear more kinds of clothes ranging from the T-shirt in summer to the warmer clothes in winter. This will make my life more colorful and enjoyable.  

3【公开信】:一学生写信letter给校报建议学校把新生的orientation从秋季fall semester的开头改到夏季summer。理由1、秋季一开学,学生很忙schedules will tight,都忙着买书、搬新的宿舍。理由2、在夏季的orientation,学生们可以提前认识未来的室友roommates。
【学生议论】:女生反对此计划。理由1、买书搬家都是容易做到的事情manageable thing。很多学生在夏季summer忙于工作be busy working,而且很多人住得离学校很远,把orientation改期会给他们带来不便,他们可能不会来参加orientation。理由2、新生们可以meet roommates通过email 或者打电话telephone。没必要face to face。
The proposal from a student says that the university should change the time of the freshmen orientation from the beginning of fall semester to summer in that the students' schedules are always tight at the beginning of semester. Also, students could meet their roommates in orientation in advance. However, the woman, in the dialogue, disagrees with this proposal for the following reasons. First of all, it is manageable for students to buy books and move to the new dormitory. And many students live far from school. It will be inconvenient for them to participate in the orientation. They will probably not come to join the orientation. Secondly, the freshmen could meet their roommates by sending e-mails or using the telephone. It is not necessary for them to meet face to face. Therefore, she doesn’t like the idea.

4.【课文要点】:research enviry此词有问题,大家仔细听 effect,意思是:人们一般做出选择会受到别人的影响。
【教授举例】:教授举了两个例子:有两组跑步运动员athletes:给第一组athletes每天都吃energy bar,不给第二组athletes吃energy bar。研究两组athletes的跑步速度是否会提高。如果第一组athletes中的一人是第二组athletes中的一人的朋友,第二组athletes就会知道第一组athletes每天吃补药,而自己所在的这一组没有给吃energy bar,但是他们不想就这么输掉,每天都很努力的练习。结果as a result,两组athletes的速度都变快了run faster。这个实验就分不清这个energy bar是否有效。
In this set of materials, the reading passage introduces a definition, the research enviry(这词有问题)effect, which means that people's decision making will be affected by other people. In the lecture, the professor uses an example to explain this definition. There are two groups of athletes, and only the first group is given energy bars to test whether the energy bar can make athletes run faster. However, if one of second group is a friend of another in the first group, and the athlete in second group will know the fact that the athletes in the first group have eaten energy bars while they haven’t. In order to win, it is likely that they will practice harder than usual. As a result, both groups of athletes run faster. And this experiment will fail without doubt.
5【学生困难】:男生的物理课学不好,跟不上进度。
【解决方案】:女生给他两个方案:方案1、找个专业的家教professional tutor。但男生说找professional tutor贵,他必须打更多的工才能把辅导费挣出来。方案2、请室友roommate(是一物理专业学生)给他辅导。男生说虽然很便宜,但他室友非常忙(好象参加了个basketball team而且室友是一个double major(同时主修两个专业的学生))。等每天室友忙完自己的工作是已经是深夜了。
The man gets a problem about his physic class and he can’t catch up with it. To cope with this problem, the man faces two possible solutions. First, the man can find a professional tutor to help him, though it will cost him a lot of money. Second, he can ask his roommate, who is major in physic for help. In my opinion, I recommend the man to find a professional tutor for the following reasons. First, a professional tutor is often experienced and knows how to teach a student well. In addition, the man can do part-time job to get the money. Second, the man’s roommate is very busy. He took part in a basketball team and had a double major, which means that he has little time to teach the man.
6【讲课要点】:讲蚯蚓earthworm对植物生长的两个好处:
好处1、蚯蚓吃了地上的树叶后,the cast they produce can become nutritious fertilizer for the plant。make soil more fertile。
好处2、by moving through the soil,they can make tunnels in the soil so that the water, air and nutrition can go through the deep soil。
In this lecture, the professor introduces two benefits that the earthworms can bring the plants. Firstly, after eating the leaves on the ground, the cast that the earth worm produce can become nutritious fertilizer for the plant. So the earthworms can make soil more fertile and increase the productivity of the earth. Secondly, by moving through the soil, the earthworms can make tunnels in the soil so that the water, air and nutrition can go through the deep soil, which is really helpful to the plants. The earthworms make the soli looser to absorb the water and air. Even during the dry seasons, the plant can get water through the tunnels.

09.08.07 (北美)
1. 你最想多了解哪个历史事件
The history event I’m interested is the invention of the first digital computer, which was called ENIAC. ENIAC was built by several American physicists and engineers in 1946. It was initially built for the United States military to calculate and used for almost ten years. Although this computer is not advanced like the modern computer, it caused a huge effect on that time and made people aware of the power of the computer. It was the first time for scientist to use vacuum tubes to process data, which made a significant contribution to the development of computer.

2. 穿着能否反映人的personality
I think dress does not necessary well reflect one’s personality. First, sometime people may choose their clothes according to others’ opinion such friends’ or parents’, therefore, what they dress cannot tell much about them. For me, I always ask my roommates’ advice about dressing. What’s more, some people may have no chance to decide what they wear. For example, the solders, doctors or some other employees who are required to wear uniforms. Their dress show is can only reflect their careers rather than personalities. Moreover, in some cases, people, especially the teenagers, prefer to imitate the favorite stars or celebrities. These are the reasons that dress doesn’t show people’s personality.

3. 阅读:说学校有新规定,逃课(skip  class)4次以上要给很低的分。
听力:女学生说没意思,反正我最多只逃2到3次。男学生也说没意思,反正每个教授都有自己的规定,学校的规定不会有影响。

4. 阅读:facilitation 当学生没有能力完成任务时,老师要给出clue 和hint 帮助学生,叫facilities。 听力:教授举了一个例子,说一个女学生在图书馆找书,给了order list…5mins后女生找到了书。 教授以自己的经历为例,教授带学生去图书馆,让他们自己找书。有一个女生想找《爱丽丝梦游仙境》 Alice in wonderland,向教授求助,教授说 你觉得是real还是made to believe啊?女生想了想说 made to believe 教授接着说 made to believe 的书在图书馆里有个special name,女生环顾四周想了想说,fiction section。然后5minutes后 女生找到了书

5.学生困难:男生last semester 有一门major course, Organic chemistry class 没选,学校不让他毕业。 解决方案: 男生自己说了方案1:退掉drop现在的chemistry class 然后去选那门必修课。男生担心只剩下三周的时间了,他必须学得很努力。 女生提出方案2:直接申请个什么东西,然后就好了,不过要花很长时间,因为很少有人试过这样。

6. 眼泪有保护眼睛的功效,分几种眼泪,第一种 basal tears 是经常产生的,可以保湿(to preserve moisture),还含有化学物质杀菌 fight bacteria杀菌;第二种 tears wash 不经常产生,当有异物颗粒(eyewinker)进入眼睛时产生,把异物(foreign particles)drip off

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看