返回列表 发帖

托福-机经独立写作准备

09.01.23   Do you think that young people should take several different kinds of job before they take a career in a long term?
Finding a suitable job is the primary concern of many high school graduates. Many of them try to choose their life long career by taking several jobs when they are young. However, I do not think this is a good approach for some reasons.
First of all, it takes a long time to be able to perform a job well. For example, a doctor needs at least six years of intensive education to become qualified, or a pianist needs to practice hours per day before he can play beautifully. Therefore, it is a waste of time, money and effort if someone drops out from a job and tries another one after such arduous training.
Secondly, changing job may forces people to deal with huge pressure. For one thing, finding a new job is not as easy as it may seem. The labor market becomes increasingly demanding and competitive each year. Therefore, the process of seeking for an available position may put a lot of pressure on the life of people who try to change jobs. Moreover, since they all need time and effort to become accustomed to new working environment, this will add even more pressure on them.
Last but not least, we all need stable jobs that bring us a good amount of money to support our family financially. Moreover, the older we get, the more we want to settle down. I do not like the image: I still wander around without being expert at any job when I turn thirty. Therefore, taking one job earlier offers us a more secure life when we get older than taking several jobs.
In conclusion, taking several jobs has many disadvantages. We will waste time, effort, money, and will be put under a lot of pressure when changing jobs. Moreover, a stable job may bring us a more secure future. That is why I think we should consider carefully about our career by evaluating our abilities, interests and our goals in life rather than trying several jobs when we are young.
收藏 分享
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

09.02.27 A job with more vacation time or a job with a higher salary but lesser off
In present-day society, deciding upon a job is a significant choice as a decent job brings about a great fortune, happiness, and power. To some extent, people tend to fancy a high paying job rather than a low paid job. While I believe to find the ideal job, the most essential factors we need to consider would be something else. Hence, I totally agree with the statement that the advantages of a low paying job with more spare time outweigh than those of a high paying job with less vacation.
First of all, it is worth noticing that the saying "money talks" is pure nonsense. Granted, with more money, we can enjoy big houses, gorgeous Porsches, luxurious goods and to dine at upscale restaurants. Nevertheless, there are still a lot of people who get everything they want in life with little money and they can find happiness in other things, such as an excellent companion, several cute children or a meaningful memory. Comparing to the individual who can be satisfied with a simple contented life, the one who sacrifices family can never disengage the guilt of using the excuse that "I don't have time."
Moreover, choosing a job with more vacation means we have much more leisure time to pursue our hobbies. Nowadays, life seems more hurried than ever, so we would not be surprised to find out that we barely have enough time to develop our interests. In contrast, if someone had a job with more vacation, many activities, which might be wild wishes for others, are just at his fingertips. For example, he can lean on the back of sofa watching Super Bowl with beers, chips and pizza, because he doesn't worry about being late for work tomorrow, or he still has an important report to write. Enjoying what we love, that's where life's charm lies.
Finally, a high paying job with little time brings about so much stress and pressure which jeopardizes both our body and mental health. In fact, sub-health, which is brought about by the rapid life pace, severe competition and strong pressure, is considered as a new killer of human health in every corner of the world. To alleviate and avoid sub-health state, one requires adequate sleep, outdoor activities and modulation of pressure. All of those ways mentioned above cannot be executed without having a large quantity of free time.
Above all, I believe it is essential for us to give our priority to health and happiness. Just like the saying goes" money is a good servant but a bad master". Don't let money take the fun of life away.
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

09.04.03   Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best way to improve the quality of education in a country is to increase teachers' salaries.
In order to improve the quality of education in a country, the departments concerned have done a lot. Among those efforts, whether to increase teachers' salaries is the best way or not has become a heated issue these days. As I see it, I don't think it is the optimal avenue, indeed it may even has some negative effects.
On the one hand, in my opinion, to increase teachers' salaries cannot ensure an high quality of education. Admittedly, it is reasonable to propose that those teachers who are well qualified and skilled should be paid higher salaries than others, so those teachers will be encouraged to teach more effectively. However, in fact, the education quality is also influenced by several other facts, such as the educational facilities or the whole background of students. For instance, in those rural areas in which education is paid little attention, even the most skilled teachers with high salaries cannot completely change the quality of education easily. In other words, the quality of education depends on a lot of respects, rather than merely the teachers.
On the other hand, to increase teachers' salaries may have some negative effects on the quality of education. First, the increasing salaries will pose a big burden to the educational bureau as well as the tuitions of the students. As a result, there will be less money used to improve the educational facilities which are extremely significant to the educational quality. Furthermore, the advocating OF increasing salaries may affect teachers' minds to some extent, thus they may concentrate more on the rewards rather than on teaching, which will undoubtedly reduce the quality of education. Therefore, to increase the quality of teachers' education will pose potential problems to the educational system, let alone to improve the quality of education.
In final analysis, I disagree with the statement that to increase teachers' salaries is the best way to improve the quality of education. We cannot overlook several other important elements which contribute to the quality of education. Moreover, the negative effects of increasing teachers' salaries are worth discussing as well.

09.05.30   Young school children(age5-10) are required to study art and music in addition to math, language, science, history. Do you agree or disagree
Arts and music are sidelined these days in an educational landscape of soaring expenses, standardized exams, and a public sense that arts are lovely but not essential. However, a tight budget or longing for high scores in core academic courses cannot justify the omitting of arts and music, and the dismissive attitude towards arts should be reversed.
To begin with, some measures of a child’s intelligence are indeed increased with art and music instruction. An extensive range of data supports a long-established base of knowledge to the effect that art and music education makes children smarter. It stimulates the development of brain networks in a way that cannot be replicated with words or numbers. In other words, the human brain works not only in logical and descriptive ways but with emotions and feelings, instincts and inspirations that cannot be described or analyzed. Some parents found their children with music training backgrounds excelled in mathematics easily. Others contribute their children’s sensitiveness of literatures to art enlightenment. It has been well proved by researches that students immersed in arts and music do better on their academic tests.
Arts and music should be included in the list of required courses if only for the sake of themselves, with no need to be justified by their utility as servants of science or literature. Far from being mere adornments to educational developments, these disciplines keep and convey our cultural heritage, while opening us up to other societies and civilizations around the globe. They help us TO explore what it means to be human, including both the ethical and aesthetic dimensions. If science and technology help us to answer “what” and “how”, the arts and music give us ways to confront the intangible, to contemplate “why”, to appreciate, to imagine, to create. All of these abilities bud from the ground of education courses for young school children.
From a utilitarian perspective, arts and music education provide people more opportunities to fit and succeed in society. Skills learned through the arts and music transfer to study skills, communicational skills, and cognitive skills useful in every part of the curriculum and society. Participating ensemble, for instance, helps students learn to work effectively in groups with adaptation and sacrifice. Additionally, studying music and arts makes a person more versatile and broad minded, which are valuable extra merits toward becoming successful.
Education minus art is incomplete. I believe deeply that arts and music education ARE of great value, both for intelligence and of themselves, and it is practical that they bring skills and nurture capabilities that lead to success in society. For all these reasons, they deserve strong support in our educational system, along with the other humanities, the sciences, and athletics.

09.09.11 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Only movies that can teach us something about real life are worth watching.
Movies have become an indispensable part in daily life. People, from every corner of the world, talk about the styles, contents and characters of movies. Some people put forward that only movies that can teach us things about real life are worth watching. Others, myself included, have an opposite opinion. Even though movies about realistic life bring some benefits, there are still a myriad of people who continue to watch movies about the fictional world, or other things that may not happen in real life. Why does this happen?
First and foremost, movies, as a way of recreation, allow people to get closer. Watching movies, no matter what kind of content and style, is a precious way to spend family time together. Enjoying the movie of Toy Story while eating popcorn and potato chips with beloved families really makes people more united. Moreover, the process of socialization can be accelerated by movies. Related topics about movies have become popular in daily communication, so that people may easily find out others who have the same tastes and hobbies as them. For example, action movies are the favorite type among my colleagues. We talk about the characters and plots of the movie Inception recently. It really helps me to make friends with those who love action movies as much as I do. Obviously movies, even those irrelevant to reality, can help people to become closer to each other.
In addition, movies have the value of relaxation. It makes us soothed and restful after an eight-hour day of pressure, concentration and challenge. Animation movies are especially popular among people who go through daily monotonous office work. Take my close friend Mary, an office clerk, as an example. She favors the sense of fun and excitement of Animation movies, like Wall-E after work, which may take her away from the unbearable boredom for a while, and surely add fun to her life. Therefore, movies help to make people more relaxed and less stressed.
Undeniably, movies which teach us lessons about real life can benefit us a lot. Valuable as they are, such kinds of movies help us to know how to get along with people around you, such as your neighbors, bosses and co-workers. Or, people can learn some practical advice from such movies, including how to get promotion or how to get a good grade in the final exams. However, the statement of only certain movies are worth watching fails to take other kinds of meaningful movies into consideration. In fact, as I mentioned above, movies about real life are neither exclusive nor the best form for people to watch.
In a nutshell, all the decision comes down to personal philosophy. What kind of movie do you like? What kind of results you attempt to obtain from watching a movie? For me, I prefer to take watching movies as an opportunity to spend time with my family and friends, as well as an escape from stresses arising from real life.

08.12.05 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing sports teaches people more lessons about the life.
People can gain a lot from their participation in sports. Aside from the considerable benefits that people maintain a healthy body weight, get rid of stresses and promote active and healthy life-styles, there are the other indispensable advantages that, as this topic rises, help people learn important life lessons.
To begin with, one of the ways sports teach life lessons is to foster the ability to manage performance under pressure. Sports involve competition. Through the keen competition with other rivals in a sports game, one is trained to devise the best way towards victory, including setting proper goals, planning tactics accordingly, and finally reaching those SET goals. A Marathon serves as a fitting and very public example. During long-distance running, we learn to plan thoughtfully and to concentrate on the right target, and as well, we can promote such good traits as self-motivation and perseverance when confronted with challenges. This sportsmanship, developed in the field, can transfer to one's life and work and lay the foundation of a future success.
In addition, sports are often used as a metaphor for teamwork, that is to say, to cooperate with other members. Both common sense and our experiences inform us that a team with deep personal bonds and a supportive atmosphere is definitely more likely to win the game. Unfortunately however, there is simply too much space for problems. Such is the case with basketball. You may play with people who you do not necessarily like, or whose values and beliefs diverge from yours, a situation possibly leads to conflicts and therefore undesired results. By trial and error, people get to know how to respect other people, how to build trust and openness that promotes communication and leads to coordination, and how to compromise for the sake of the group goals. These crucial elements of team work success can be applied to our ordinary life.
Last but not least, sports psychology teaches us how to handle success and failure in our lives. As is often the case, there are winners, losers, lucky shots and bad calls, both on and off the field. Sports tell us not only to celebrate well-deserved wins, but also to accept the "gift of failure" WITH a positive spirit. Recently I lost my badminton game. At first I was frustrated, but later I realized that the participation itself could be a priceless treasure irrespective of whether it concludes in a victory or a defeat. These experiences will serve as a positive model for me, as other challenges and obstacles may occur throughout my life.
To sum up, sports games are not merely pure entertainment activities. It also helps people learn how to win the game of life.

09.08.07 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should allow children to make their own choices rather than determine their children’s future for them.
Currently, among Chinese parents there is a dramatic debate with respect to whether parents should allow children to make their own choices instead of determining children's future for them. Even if opinions vary tremendously, from my viewpoint, there is nothing wrong with parents to release their control to children, and make children to become their own master in terms of decisions.
First of all, it is no denying that children do not have enough intellectual and emotional maturity to make every accurate decision, though, what they choose by themselves is more likely to accommodate their original intention and benefit their future development. Take extra-curricular activities for instance. In many cases, many children like playing video games after school, which leads to most parents' dissatisfaction. However, few of them have ever stopped to think about that video games can be a positive approach to motivating their kids' reflection, creativity, as well as imagination. As for a child, it is also good opportunities to collaborate with his and her friends in the games.
On the other hand, it is hard to underscore the significance of individual freedom of choosing, particularly, the selection of children's future life, which effectively helps them avoid the depression of overprotection and interrupt from their snapping parents. As long as their choices are not absolutely radical and harmful to their own wholesomeness, children should always be allowed and encouraged to make different choices. Of course, with some valuable parental suggestions, undoubtedly, they are more likely to enjoy planning their own life and exert themselves to make dreams come true with less anxieties and constraints.
Most importantly, drawing on the experience that they made mistakes in the past is an indispensible element of psychological maturity of a child, which in turn motivates them to rethink their past frequently and eventually overcome formidable adversity independently.
Base on the above statement, a reasonable conclusion can be safely reached that children have adequate right and would be well-advised to make their own choices, obviously, from which children are able to realize the master role of their life and become more self-motivated and independent.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看