Total number of undergraduate business program graduates since inception:

Total living alumni:

Percent of alumni who gave, 2008-09 academic year:
10  %

Mean alumni gift 2008-09:
$  240

Median alumni gift, 2008-09:
$  50

Single donation in excess of $10 million in 2008-09?
No

Prominent alumni:

Name: Anthony Kendall
Title: Partner, CEO, Mitchell Titus LLP (largest minority owned-operated CPA firm in country)
Name: Mark Zurack
Title: Retired Advisory Director(firmer Managing Director), Goldman Sachs and Co.
Name: Allen Zwickler
Title: Managing Director, First Manhattan Co

CAREER SERVICES
Percent of 2009 graduates who provided employment information:
88  %

Seeking full-time employment in business: 81  %
Not seeking full-time employment in business: 19  %

Number of companies recruiting undergraduate students on campus in previous academic year:

Companies posting full-time job offers on school job boards, previous academic year:

Career services provided for business majors:
Career counseling, job fairs, on-campus recruiting, resume critique, mentoring events, mock interviews, New York City site visits, executive in residence program

Job offer results, 2009 graduates:

Received first job offer by graduation: 52  %
Received first job offer in three months following graduation: 9  %
Received first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: 0  %
Did not report having received a job offer: 39  %
Accepted first job offer by graduation: 48  %
Accepted first job offer in three months following graduation: 10  %
Accepted first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: 0  %
Did not report having accepted a job offer: 42  %

Top hiring firms:

PricewaterhouseCoopers

Ernst & Young

Deloitte Touche Tomatsu

KPMG LLP

Deutsche Bank AG

Wells Fargo

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Morgan Stanley

Other Hiring Firms:

McGladrey and Pullen
Lockheeed Msrtin
Protiviti
Weiser LLP
Berdon LLP
Liberty Mutual
Eisner LLP

Graduate compensation:

Mean base salary: $  52,700
Median base salary: $  55,000
Mean signing bonus: $  5,090
Median signing bonus: $  5,000
Mean other guaranteed compensation: $  0
Median other guaranteed compensation: $  0

Grads accepted jobs in following functional areas:

Consulting: 6  %
Finance/Accounting: 62  %
General Management: 7  %
Human Resources: 1  %
Management Information Systems: 5  %
Marketing/Sales: 11  %
Operations/Production: 2  %
Logistics/Transportation: 1  %
Other: 5  %

Grads accepted jobs in following industries:

Accounting: 46  %
Consumer Products/Retail: 5  %
Consulting Services: 7  %
Financial Services: 24  %
Government/Education: 1  %
Pharma/Biotech/Health: 0  %
Manufacturing: 2  %
Media/Entertainment: 5  %
Petroleum/Energy: 0  %
Real Estate: 2  %
Sports/Leisure: 0  %
Technology/Science: 2  %
Non-Profit: 1  %
Transportation: 0  %
Utilities: 0  %
Other: 5  %

Percentage of job acceptances, US and Canada:

US: 100  %
Canada: 0  %

Grads accepted jobs in the following US regions:

Northeast: 97  %
Mid-Atlantic: 1  %
Midwest: 0  %
South: 2  %
Southwest: 0  %
West: 0  %
US Possessions/Territories: 0  %

INTERNSHIPS
Number of companies recruiting interns on-campus, 2008-09 academic year:

Companies posting internships on job boards, previous academic year:

Top internship recruiters, 2008-09:

PricewaterhouseCoopers

KPMG LLP

Ernst & Young

Deloitte Touche Tomatsu

Goldman Sachs Group

Merrill Lynch

Morgan Stanley

Deutsche Bank AG

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Other Internship Recruiters:
McGladrey&Pullen 4 Cerini and Associates 2 Hudson Ferry Capital 1 Oscar de la Renta 1 Standard and Poors 1 Bank of New York Mellon 1

Percentage of internships that were paid, previous academic year
90  %

Mean internship compensation per week:
$  924

Median internship compensation per week:
$  1,050

Average internship, in weeks:

Most business schools have the four academic years mapped out on day one. Binghamton, on the other hand, lists the requirements you need to fulfill along with a general outline of progression, but the actual sequence is adaptable to the needs of the student. In my case, I have been able to fulfill the requirements for two degrees and a minor as well as study abroad for an entire semester, and I will still graduate after four years. I owe this to the ability to choose when and what courses I wanted without the stress of being locked in to any one program or sequence.

I think that Binghamton is competitive, but not cutthroat, which is something that I was looking for in a university.

It is worth every penny of my tuition, giving us an edge over many private colleges because we have some money saved up and still received the same or even better education than some of the private colleges.

It only cares about it's accounting students, everyone else has to fend for themselves without any real help. Finance majors get some help, that's why I picked up the major just-in-case. Everyone else, good luck.

It may be outside factors as well as inside [factors] but the amount of minorities within the program has decreased. And the percentage of minorities are low as it is.

The emphasis on accounting at BU at the expense of finance, marketing, etc. has caused me to view the School of Management as a great school for aspiring accountants, but decidedly mediocre for everyone else. I have also been disappointed in the classroom. Although I have had a few outstanding professors such as Mark Mushalla and Elliot Kamlet, a CFO and CPA respectively, too many of my professors lacked real world experience. Without insights and lessons from the real world, students would be better off purchasing the textbook, reading it on their own, and saving the money spent on tuition.

The school is beginning to sacrifice the quality of the undergraduate program in order to make the graduate program better. In doing so, they are making it impossible for students to become CPA eligible as undergraduates and are forcing us to attend graduate school. The administration is unreceptive to student feedback on the matter.

The PwC scholars program allows the scholars to obtain a wealth of real-life knowledge and experience. Also, being the No.2 undergraduate accounting program in the nation, many accounting firms recruit for internships and job offers on campus, offering many opportunities for accounting students.

Improvement could be made if the expectations in every class were higher and more was demanded of students. Although all students are capable of doing more work, the curriculum (for most courses) could be more difficult in order to compete with Ivy League schools.

The new integrative J-Core is something older students are sometimes jealous of (the program started for this year's juniors and is constantly updating). Four classes are taken together with a focus on case analysis. Companies must be analyzed from the many disciplines of business.

The students are collaborative -- we all want to see each other succeed. We do not compete against each other in a way that will harm our relationships in the future. Of course, there is friendly competition, but I think that in the future we will all feel comfortable reaching out to each other professionally for help, advice, or anything else.

We're close to New York City but many firms know the strength and caliber of our students and our alumni are very active in assisting our current students with networking, recruiting, etc

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看