General Management

International Business

Marketing

Strategy

Other

Additional concentrations offered:
Health Sector Management
Public & Non-Profit Management

Does the B-school offer an accelerated part-time MBA program?
No

Leading areas of study:

Finance

Health Care Administration

Marketing

Public Administration

Technology

Graduation requirements:

Students must have attended a minimum number of classes

Students must have earned a pre-determined GPA/letter grade average

Credits required to graduate:

TECHNOLOGY
Technology improvements in the last three academic years:
During FY09 the art, science and technology of business education delivery was leveraged by expanded use of video capture of lectures, virtual meeting spaces, team collaboration products, digital signage, and social networking software. These focus areas and services compliments SMG’s open source portfolio consisting of Sakai (course management system) and u-portal. The program also piloted mobile application development projects and launched various green computing initiatives to reduce carbon footprints, energy utilization and overall resource consumption.

Amount spent:
$  5,320,842

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI
Living MBA alumni:

Active MBA alumni clubs:

Countries in which MBA clubs exist:

Living MBA alumni who gave in past year:
11  %

Mean gift from MBA alumni:
$  625

Median gift from MBA alumni:
$  230

Did school receive an individual gift in excess of $10 million in the past academic year?
No

Does the main university offer career placement services for alumni?
Yes

Does the main university have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

University alumni networking site:
http://www.bu.edu/life/alumni/careers/can/

Does the B-School have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

Business school alumni networking site:
http://www.bu.edu/alumni/

Do current MBA students have access to an alumni database?
Yes

CAREER SERVICES
  Do part-time MBAs have access to career development office?
Yes

If yes, at what point in the degree process are part-time MBA students able to use the service?
At any time

Are part-time MBAs permitted to interview for full-time jobs?
Yes

Are part-time students included in resume drops?
Yes

Organizations that send the most participants to the part-time MBA program:

State Street Corporation

Fidelity

Harvard University

Genzyme

Raytheon

The school offered a lot of opportunities to network with your peers. As a part time student I didn�t feel I needed adjust to the B-school community. The adjustment happened naturally. I think this might be more important for full timers who are really changing their lifestyle.

Less teamwork would have improved the classroom experience. Again, there is a large disconnect between academia and the working world. The concept of teamwork in the classroom is fine but it does not translate as effectively as it does in the working world. Too often there was difficulty getting 4-5 people, with different schedules and responsibilities, moving in the same direction. On top of that, professors often pitted students against each other by requiring the grading of our peers' contributions to the team. So, minor issues like schedule conflicts become much larger than they need to be. The faculty should step out of the box and develop a new way to derive the benefits and experiences that teamwork can bring because the system is failing the way it currently exists.

I believe that BU does, in fact, put more focus on the part-time MBA program than other schools in the area. Achieving an MBA part-time is a tremendous amount of work and takes an almost inhuman work-ethic. Most professors and staff understand that. Boston University is also just a fantastic school. I believe it is the highest caliber program in the area.

I think that the BU program has some excellent professors, but as a part time student (which is likely true at most programs) they have a tougher time finding professors that can meet your schedule. This is especially apparent during the summer sessions, when undergraduate and full-time MBAs are not in session. Students have come up the term, "professor roulette" when signing up for summer classes, since some of the professors have been exceptional while others appear to have been randomly picked for the job. Due to the fact that so many of the professors are adjunct, it is difficult to research their effectiveness.

I was fortunate to have the time and inclination to become involved in a club (The Women's MBA Association) and serve on its board. There are opportunities for part-time students in many of the clubs, however one has to have the flexibility to meet before class (5-6 pm usually) which some part-timers can't do. My involvement in the club served to fill a gap I was feeling as a part-timer in terms of belonging to the community. It is a complaint I hear about all Part-time MBA programs and I do believe BU is doing a better job than the surrounding institutions. However, I think more can be done.

I felt the adjunct professors were a real strength. Several of the adjunct professors were better communicators than the full time faculty. They were able to relate to the part-time students well and had extremely valuable business experience to share with the students.

There is a powerful pervasiveness of satisfying the customer at BU. If the students believe that the Professor is not effective, that person will be removed! I've seen it happen. They have a low tolerance for poor teaching. The instructors, therefore, are very eager to get the respect of their students. They are all very capable.

Grading is very stringent. I appreciate that--it is not a complaint. You EARN the grades you get.

I greatly appreciated the mix of full-time professors and adjunct faculty as it provided superior real-life experience with a solid background in "classic" business skills. As a part of the Asian Field Seminar we walked through factories in China where our professor had previously worked as a consultant. Where else can you get that kind of experience as a part-time MBA?

Better selection of instructors in the summer - given that part-time students typically take classes through the summer whereas full-time students are off on internships, I felt part-time students were discriminated against in this manner.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看