返回列表 发帖

GMATPREP 破解版 CR 12

请教GMATPREP 破解版中的逻辑部分,第12题:

Finding of a survey of Systems magazine subscribers:  Thirty percent of all merchandise orders placed by subscribers in response to advertisements in the magazine last year were placed by subscribers under age thirty-five.

Finding of a survey of advertisers in Systems magazine:  Most of the merchandise orders placed in response to advertisements in Systems last year were placed by people under age thirty-five.

For both of the findings to be accurate, which of the following must be true?

(A) More subscribers to Systems who have never ordered merchandise in response to advertisements in the magazine are age thirty-five or over than are under age thirty-five.

(B) Among subscribers to Systems, the proportion who are under age thirty-five was considerably lower last year than it is now.

(C) Most merchandise orders placed in response to advertisements in Systems last year were placed by Systems subscribers over age thirty-five.

(D) Last year, the average dollar amount of merchandise orders placed was less for subscribers under age thirty-five than for those age thirty-five or over.

(E) Last year many people who placed orders for merchandise in response to advertisements in Systems were not subscribers to the magazine.

The answer is E.

Although I choose C, the real meaning of the 2 findings above is kind of confused. To my understanding, only 1st finding quotes the percentage 30%. How could we take such accurate figure into vague description as "many people"?

Pls kindly help. Tks!
收藏 分享

这题确实有点复杂。两个概念要搞清楚。

第一个finding里讲的是,订购杂志的人当中,那些看到杂志里的广告而下购买定单的人,把这部分人设为X;第二个finding里讲的是,所有的看到杂志里的广告而下购买定单的人(这些包括订杂志的和不订杂志的)。把这部分人设为Y。由于Y包括订杂志的和不订杂志的下定单者,而X只是订杂志的下定单者,所以Y肯定大于或等于XY等于X时是下定单的人都订了杂志这种特殊情况,Y大于X时是下定单的人当中有人没有订杂志)。

Finding 1:订购杂志的、因看到广告而下定单的人当中,有30%35岁以下。即30%X35岁以下的

Finding 2:所有看到广告而下定单的人中,大多数都是35岁以下。要算大多数起码得超过50%,就假设是60%吧。即60%Y35岁以下的。

Y等于X,即所有下定单的人都订了杂志,则有矛盾,因为那样的话肯定是相同比例的人是35岁以下的,不可能是一个30%一个60%,所以在下定单的人当中肯定有没订杂志的。总人数Y本身就比X大了,而60%Y35岁以下,30%X35岁以下,仅这个35岁以下的比例就可以知道有很多下定单的人都没定杂志。

表述起来实在比较困难,可能没有说清楚,看看能不能理解吧。

(另外说一下哈,说东西令人困惑应该是something is confusing,不是confusedconfused 是说人感到困惑。还有一般应该是”in my understanding,不是”to my understanding“。考作文的时候可注意啊,呵呵)

Thanks !平时写东西快了,加上基础不好,写东西都是乱来的,毫无语法可言,就请凑或着看拉~~~

这个这个,上面的解释真的有点复杂,难道这道题只能用这个思路解决?因为我总觉得ETS和Yankee们是不可能有这么mathematic的思路的。。。

我再解释下看吧.

就是第一个finding里说的是,订杂志的下定单的人里,有30%的人35岁以下。

第二个finding里说, 所有的(包括订杂志和不订杂志)下定单的人里的大多数(假设60%吧),是35岁以下的。

假设总共有100人下了定单,那么根据finding 2,就有100X60%= 60人是35岁以下的

可能不可能所有下定单的人都订了杂志?不可能!因为如果这100个人都订了杂志的话,则根据finding 1,推出100X30% = 30人是35岁以下,30人跟60人不等了。所以下定单的人里肯定有人没订杂志。

想象这么一个图,外面一个大圈,代表所有下了定单的人,大圈里面套一个下圈,代表所有下定单的人中订了杂志的人。那么大圈内、小圈外的部分,就是下了定单而没有订杂志的人,就是E说的,很多下了定单的人没订杂志。

我只能解释到这地步了,很抱歉啊,自己再仔细想一想吧.偶就是觉得自己表达能力不好想锻炼锻炼才上来给逻辑部分解题的,呵呵!

many  thanks !!!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看