返回列表 发帖

大家的第一篇关于职业计划的ESSAY大概花多少时间完成?

感觉这个象个无底洞,我花了4天完成了COLUMBIA的第一篇ESSAY。 昨天给一个校友看了,说可以提交了,给另外一个校友当年REVIEW 过APPLICATION,他说还没有达到平均的水平,要花很多力气,并且说当年他自己写了1个半月(当年是在职的情况,他本人背景非常强悍,哥大的本科生,自己创办的公司在欧洲,印度中国,北美都有分部。)还有2周就是DEADLINE了,又赶上了圣诞节,不陪家人又说不过去。恐慌郁闷极致!

大家都是怎么熬过来写ESSAY的阶段?
收藏 分享

这个,每个人的情况都不一样吧

问题考虑清楚了 也许一天就写出来了额

聊一下吧。。。

恐慌郁闷至极是非常合理的心理状态,我也有,特别是最近。在写了一个月的essay,大大小小二三十篇之后,我发现我到了瓶颈。就是怎么改都是那个水平,一看就是我的文章:长句多,逻辑强,心理描述少,没有self-awareness的体现。。。。

你的哥大的两个朋友都没有说错。第一个是说,如果你递过去,拿到面试还是可以的,拿offer嘛。。。得再说。第二个朋友有参照系,要求也高,他说的是你现在的essay按照录取的水平呢,可能刚刚好,但是差那么一点点儿,不代表你拿不到,而是说但就essay水平而言,是“还没有达到平均的水平,要花很多力气”。

坛子上有很多人说很快就写完了,有的人说很慢,都需要分析来看。如果写作用中文思维,当然要写几个月,可能写完后也就是你花4天的水平,他们那时候达到瓶颈。有的说一下子写完了,我猜多半是用英文思维写,然后很快写道瓶颈就草草了事的。

我发现写作的几个层面:回答问题--结构逻辑--有血有肉--掏心掏肺--遣词造句--完工。我现在还在处理有血有肉和掏心掏肺的阶段,我觉得我克服了这个,就基本上差不多了。到那时,deadline也差不多到了。。。

draft的话几个小时就好了,写得满意呢?到现在还在改当中,有1个多月了吧

小虾请教各位,这个career goal从哪几方面去写呀?肯定不能说留美?那就回国罗?进公司,企业?做什么职位?可是这个不是空讲么?另外大家都写多少字的哟?

QUOTE:
以下是引用hongyangyan在2010-1-16 7:39:00的发言:
小虾请教各位,这个career goal从哪几方面去写呀?肯定不能说留美?那就回国罗?进公司,企业?做什么职位?可是这个不是空讲么?另外大家都写多少字的哟?

I sensed you are going in a wrong way.

You need to think outside of the boundary of countries, companies, and the number of words. What have you done in your interns and jobs? What is your life purpose? What are the logical connections between your experience and your vision? When you close your eyes and ask yourself frankly, what is your answer? That is where your direction is.

Career goal is inevitably related to a sense of being, a purpose-driven life, and your life's work. After you figure that out, you then come back and break it down to feasible milestones that you plan to achieve during different stages of your career/life. Then put them into words.

Boom...Here you go, you have your goal essay.

terrible ...

QUOTE:
以下是引用franker在2010-1-17 7:53:00的发言:

I sensed you are going in a wrong way.

You need to think outside of the boundary of countries, companies, and the number of words. What have you done in your interns and jobs? What is your life purpose? What are the logical connections between your experience and your vision? When you close your eyes and ask yourself frankly, what is your answer? That is where your direction is.

Career goal is inevitably related to a sense of being, a purpose-driven life, and your life's work. After you figure that out, you then come back and break it down to feasible milestones that you plan to achieve during different stages of your career/life. Then put them into words.

Boom...Here you go, you have your goal essay.

thank your for your enlightening sharing, I just do several interns, so it seems a little bit difficult for me to have a detail career goal as a whole,  I am afraid I gonna have a long way to go, btw, your picture, is it Tomhanks? As your name, wish you Top 10

Thanks, Topmba 2009 I appreciate your sharing!! Good luck with your application!!

Just two cents. Mine is a work in progress, too. Glad to share.

By the way, "does anybody actually know me?" --- by Chandler Bing

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看