返回列表 发帖

[商学院排名] BW上关于HBS Admission的一点消息

下面是BW上关于HBS的一点消息,给还在苦苦等待HBS interview invitation的朋友们。

Hi everyone,

I recently attended the on-campus info session (offered daily at 4pm, I think) and thought I'd share a few interesting things I heard. The discussion was probably 75% about the admissions process. Most of the attendees were applying in Round 2.  There was one adcom member there to answer questions.

- Interview invitations for R1 will continue to go out up until January 16th, but will slow down now that they are busy conducting interviews in addition to reading applications.
- When you submitted makes no difference on when you get read. Even if you submit 2 weeks early it doesn't get printed until the day after the deadline, and it's random printing order.
- Interesting: interviews are typically a "we like you and want to confirm if you are a good fit" or "we think you're a good candidate but we have some questions about undergrad/work experience/etc".

She also reiterated that the three things they're looking for in a candidate are:
1. Habit of leadership
2. Intellectual capacity for growth/intellectual curiousity (I can't quite remember how she worded that)
3. Evidence that you will contribute to the HBS community and quite specifically, are you the type of person that others will want to be around.

Finally, I'll add that I completed my interview and it was far easier than I'd thought it would be. For weeks I felt like I should be preparing, but ultimately that wasn't really necessary - just be familiar with your application (they said the same thing at the info session).  I felt like the interviewer and I had a rather informal discussion and none of her questions were tough to answer, and no odd ball questions like "what book are you reading right now" or "what would you do with 20 bricks". She had handwritten notes of questions to ask, and those were entirely focused around my work experience.  Most were "tell me more about this..." and I had only one "tell me about a time when..." which was easy to answer.  I also came away feeling like she had truly valued my time and enjoyed talking with me....they're good at this!

I strongly recommend the HBS tour and info session no matter what part of the process you're in. I found that I learned a lot more than what I'd read on the website and was surprised by how open and candid they were in the info session.

Best of luck to everyone! It really does sound like there are still plenty of  interview invites still to go out...

收藏 分享

thanks for your information!

thanx!

anyone from mainland got hbs invitation?

感谢!

一点消息都没有 着急啊

感谢 !!!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看