返回列表 发帖

高级口语授课笔记(十一)--(二十一)

1.  How can we break the logjam? 怎样打破僵局呢?
2.   I’m otherwise engaged. 我有别的安排。
3.   She was relegated / demoted. 她被降职了。
4.   He can play hardball. 他可以玩狠的。
5.   You’re so yellow. 你是个胆小鬼。
6.   Don’t perjure yourself. 别撒谎。
7.   I’m not a big fan of the golden mean. 我不懂什么中庸之道。
8.   Stop fanning the flames. 别扇风点火了。
9.   She’s a Girl Friday. 她是个女助理。
10.  There’s life in the old dog yet. 小子,姜还是老的辣。


1. He is an underworld kingpin. 他是黑社会老大。
2.We have to make economies. 我们得省着点。
3.  Let’s have a night out today. 今晚咱们出去玩吧。
4.  It left a bad taste in my mouth. 这事我一想起来就别扭。
5.  I just look on you as my brother. 我只把你当哥哥看待。
6.  Don’t pull my focus. 别打扰我。
7.  We’ll have to play for time. 我们得拖延时间。
8.  The blurb was full of hyperbole. 广告充满夸张。
9.  I really saw life. 我真是大开眼界。
10. She gave him a demure smile. 她冲他娴静地笑了笑。

1.  She’s whiter than white. 她假装清纯。
2.  She wont'budge. 她根本不听。
3.  Dog doesn’t eat dog. 官官相护。
4.  The movie is to be vetted. 电影要通过审查。
5.  Hang out the white flag. 投降吧。
6.  Well, you live and learn. 林子大了什么鸟都有。
7.  There’s been a tacit agreement. 已经达成默契。
8.  Nip it in the bud. 把它消灭在萌芽状态。
9.  I hedge my bets. 我做两手准备。
10. I was washing up. 刚才我正洗漱呢。

1.  Our relationship is strictly platonic. 我们的关系很纯洁。
2.  We fell out. 我们闹翻了。
3.  There’s no need to sustain this relationship. 没必要继续交往了。
4.  You can confide in her. 你可以完全信任她。
5. That’s life. 生活就是这样。
6. This is the life! 这才叫生活!
7.  She’s been leading him on. 她一直牵着他的鼻子走。
8.  All my hard work is nullified. 我全部的心血都泡汤了。
9.  He revealed it in an unguarded moment. 他一不小心说漏了。
10. Don’t cast pearls before swine. 不要对牛弹琴。

收藏 分享

1. Your face is as white as a sheet. 你脸色怎么那么苍白?
2.  Choose the psychological moment. 寻找最佳时机。
3.  Hide your light under a bushel. 不要锋芒毕露。
4.  I’ve become a beast of burden. 我作牛作马。
5.  She’s been cranky all day. 她一整天心情都很糟。
6.  Eventually I caved in. 最后我妥协了。
7.  I’ve rallied now. 我现在好多了。
8.  You make my heart flutter. 你让我心旌摇曳。
9.  Jack shall have Jill. 愿有情人终成眷属。
10. He didn’t bat an eyelid. 他连眼都不眨一下。

1.  It merits special attention. 值得特别注意。
2.  Will there be a recurrence? 会复发吗?
3.  Don’t be alarmed. 别慌。
4.  The heckler was out on his ear. 搅局者被轰了出去。
5.  Reputation passes by word of mouth. 名声要靠口碑。
6.  The situation is very fluid. 情况充满变数。
7.  More power to you! 再接再厉!
8.  I did it by some sleight of hand. 我耍了点花招。
9.  I’m sorry to subject you to this trouble. 给您添麻烦了。
10. To our abiding friendship! 我们的友谊地久天长!

1. He did a spoof on the movie. 影片被他恶搞。
2. Are you trying to undercut my authority? 休想削弱我的权威。
3.  That’s a good question. 我也不知道。
4.  The book won golden opinions. 这本书好评如潮。
5.  She’s past her bloom. 她已经徐娘半老。
6.  That is so unseemly. 那太不得体了。
7.  I don’t want to be dubbed a lion-hunter. 我不想人家说我攀龙附凤。
8.  You need to think big. 你得敢想。
9.  It’s not unheard-of. 没什么大惊小怪的。
10. You guys are unsung heroes. 你们是无名英雄。

1. She’s solid behind me. 她完全支持我。
2. I’m a man of pronounced views. 我向来观点鲜明。
3.  Your accusation is baseless. 你的指责毫无道理。
4.  We're not a fly-by-night operator. 我们不做一锤子买卖。
5.  Red flag. 危险!
6.  He runs after anyone in skirts. 他玩弄女性。
7.  How could you lay it at my door? 你怎么能说是我的责任呢?
8.  My heart was in my mouth. 我的心都提到嗓子眼了。
9.  I’m such a scatterbrain. 我总爱丢三落四。
10. I don’t really have the gift of gab. 我口才不是很好。

TOP

1. My jaw dropped. 我大吃一惊。
2.  Opposition was feeble. 没遇到什么反对。
3.  Don’t rise to the bait. 别上钩。
4.  I could have bitten my tongue off. 我恨不得抽自己。
5.  I’m filled with remorse. 我满怀愧疚。
6.  We all have human frailties. 人无完人。
7.  I can feel it in my bones. 我有预感。
8.  It’s come to the crunch now. 非做决定不可了。
9.  Good things come in small packages. 浓缩的都是精品。
10. The guy couldn't be more servile. 瞧他那点头哈腰的样子。

1. She showed manifest lack of interest. 她明显不感兴趣。
2.  That’s just a side issue. 那不是主要问题。
3.  Was that a tacit approval? 默认了?
4.  Don’t let the genie out of the bottle. 会一发而不可收。
5.  Not a moment too soon. 差一点来不及。
6.  You can’t have your cake and eat it. 鱼与熊掌,不可兼得。
7.  This issue is too hot to handle. 这件事很棘手。
8.  Stop bickering! 为一点小事吵什么?
9.  That’s just a cloak for / cover story. 那只是他的幌子。
10. So help me, I will never let you off. 我保证不会放过你。

1.  She's a kept woman.  她是个二奶。
2.  Courage will carry you through. 勇气会助你渡过难关。
3.  I’ll never go cap in hand to him. 我才不会求他。
4.  I hate his guts. 我恨死他了。
5.  My dad is a real stick-in-the-mud. 我爸是个老古板。
6.  Time is of the essence. 时间紧迫。
7.  I know him by reputation. 我听说过他。
8.  I shall be with you in spirit. 我精神上支持你。
9.  He is a thorn in my side. 他是我的眼中钉。
10. Beauty and the beast. 一朵鲜花插在牛粪上了。

TOP

many thanks

TOP

many thanks

TOP

many thanks

TOP

谢谢楼主热心分享

TOP

O(∩_∩)O谢谢

TOP

谢谢露珠的分享!!!!!

TOP

ddddddddddd

TOP

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭


美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%


查看