返回列表 发帖

关于Cornell NYC Tech MBA

我对这个很感兴趣,在其官网找了很久,终于找到了具体的申请流程,和大家分享一下:

The three-semester MBA program at Cornell NYC Tech combines the best of both worlds -- a summer in Ithaca, NY, for the first semester, and a fast-paced New York City experience for the remaining two semesters.

Your summer begins with an intensive 10-week term that includes orientation, core business courses, leadership training, and professional development work. Cross-disciplinary courses at Cornell Tech in New York City brings the best Cornell technical, entrepreneurial and innovation courses into one focused program.
收藏 分享

The Johnson MBA at Cornell Tech begins with summer in Ithaca where students will receive:
■Foundations of business coursework
■Interaction with Ithaca-based faculty, staff and students
■Development of networking skills and strategies
■Skills related to functioning within a business team setting
■Preparation to work effectively on live projects at tech companies in NYC

Students will then relocate to Cornell Tech in NYC for the remaining 9 months where they will:
■Utilize modular designed coursework to optimize rapid learning
■Be exposed to multi-disciplinary learning within the Cornell Tech ecosystem
■Experience an overseas study trip
■Participate in hackathons
■Put coursework into practice through projects with NYC tech companies

The Fall 2014 Admissions Timeline is as follows:

August
■August 1: applications accepted

September
■September 1: initial read of all August applicants  
■September 16: first round interviews completed
■September 30: second round interviews completed and will be notified of final decision by October 7

October
■October 1: initial read of all September applicants
■October 14: first round interviews completed
■October 31: second round interviews completed and will be notified of final decision by November 7

November
■November 1: initial read of all October applicants
■November 11: first round interviews completed
■November 29: second round interviews completed and will be notified of final decision by December 6

January
■January 1: initial read of all November & December applicants
■January 13: first round interviews completed
■January 31: second round interviews completed and will be notified of final decision by February 7

February
■February 1: initial read of all January applicants
■February 10: first round interviews completed
■February 28: second round interviews completed and will be notified of final decision by March 7

March
■March 1: initial read of all February applicants
■March 10: first round interviews completed
■March 31: second round interviews completed and will be notified of final decision by April 7

To be considered, all applicants must provide the following in their online application:

Résumé or Linked In Professional Profile

You can upload your updated LinkedIn profile in lieu of submitting a resume or completing employment and education within the application. The Linked In upload will auto-populate the employment and education information listed within your online professional profile. Please note that whatever you choose to include, this must be the most current and relevant information regarding all post-bachelor's degree employment and education. Additional information included in LinkedIn such as recommendations may also be uploaded as part of your candidacy.

Creativity

As the only MBA program not housed in a business school, we know our students will be different. To create the inaugural MBA class for Cornell Tech our formula is a cutting-edge startup built on a foundation of academic excellence with a splash of creativity. You will take part in an innovative environment where creativity, technical sophistication and sharp business sense share seats at the table. We value expressions of who you are and what you add to this formula. There are three ways to show how you fit within this dynamic setting. Please provide an example of your creativity, style, or technical aptitude by sending a link to your work, uploading a video, or providing a written sample that demonstrates these attributes.

Test Scores

The GRE or GMAT is required for admission to the Cornell Tech MBA. All official test scores should be reported directly to Johnson.

Transcripts

Transcripts from each previously attended college or university are required and must be listed either in your LinkedIn profile, résumé, or online application. Admitted students will be required to submit an official transcript directly to Johnson prior to matriculation in May 2014.

Application Fee

A nonrefundable application fee of $200 must be submitted to complete your application.

Successful applicants will demonstrate academic excellence, capacity to communicate clearly, think critically, and solve complex problems. The future MBAs at Cornell Tech will need a core competency, a mindset of lifelong learning, and the ability to leverage new knowledge relative to the rate of innovation. Continuous learners believe there is no endpoint to learning and are energized by the core of Cornell Tech.

A bachelor’s degree (BA, BS, BE) in engineering, computer science, mathematics or a related technical field is required except in exceptional cases. All applicants, regardless of their undergraduate degree, will need to fit within the entrepreneurial and innovation-driven mission of the campus.

2013-2014 Tuition

Tuition covers three semesters and although not yet determined, applicants should expect tuition to be $95,000 or higher.

Fellowships and Financial Aid

Substantial scholarship will be awarded to superior candidates. You do not need to apply for scholarship; any such award will be included with an offer of admission.

Financial planning is important to make sure that you are financially ready to take on the costs associated with attendance. Please review Johnson’s website for more information about financial aid:

http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/F ... ncial-Planning.aspx

In addition to the application requirements listed, international applicants must provide a certified English translation of transcripts if the original language is not English.

Successful international applicants will have received a baccalaureate degree from a college or university of recognized standing.

Applicants must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language. An English language exam score report for applicants whose native language is not English is required. Accepted exams are TOEFL, IELTS or the Pearson Test of English.

The TOEFL requirement may be waived if the applicant meets at least one of these criteria:
■is a native citizen of the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or Canada (except Quebec). Applicants who are citizens of India, Pakistan, the Philippines, Hong Kong, or Singapore are not exempt from the TOEFL requirement.
■studied in full-time status for at least two academic years within the last five years in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand, or with English language instruction in Canada or South Africa. You must submit a transcript that shows you have attended college in one of these approved locations.

Can applicants apply to the Cornell Tech MBA and another of Johnson’s residential MBA programs, i.e. the accelerated MBA or two-year MBA program?

No. Candidates must select which program meets their educational and professional goals. Successful Cornell Tech MBA candidates will clearly identify how they match with the mission of the campus.

Can applicants simultaneously apply to both the MS in Computer Science and MBA program at Cornell Tech?

No. It is important that candidates identify whether they are seeking to advance in a more technically-driven or business-oriented function. Either way, students benefit from learning in this shared environment.

How can I really know if I meet the prerequisite standards for Cornell Tech?

Cornell NYC Tech is founded on the mission to link entrepreneurs and new digital economy within the NYC tech ecosystem. You must show a demonstrated passion for this mission through your previous academic and/or professional experience.

What should I do if I have demonstrative experience but didn’t take courses or major in a technical field?

We value work experience and realize that some candidates may have gained experience in prerequisite subjects outside of the classroom. In these cases, candidates should outline and demonstrate their experience in their résumé and/or professional profile. Candidates without demonstrative experience should have an undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related technical field.

Will you accept GRE and GMAT scores that are five years old?

Your GRE and GMAT scores must be valid on the day that you submit your application. GRE and GMAT scores are only valid for five years.

Is the degree from Cornell Tech the same degree earned in Ithaca?

At the end of one academic year, graduates from Johnson’s five programs will earn a Master of Business Administration, but the focus, requirements, and location of the programs are different. Cornell Tech students experience a mix of technical material, business knowhow, and practical engagement with companies and nonprofits.

Does Cornell Tech have housing available for students?

Housing options are still being negotiated for the first semester in Ithaca. Incoming students for the MBA at Cornell NYC Tech are expected to arrange their living accommodations while in New York City.

What is the total cost of attendance for the MBA at Cornell Tech?

The total cost of attendance for the 2014-2015 academic year is yet to be determined. Please anticipate total tuition cost to be $95,000 or higher, including fees.

Are scholarships and financial aid available?

Superior MBA candidates will be considered for substantial scholarship at the time of their applications. Federal and private loans may be available for qualified candidates. For more information on loans, please visit Johnson’s Office of Financial Aid.  

Will my ability to finance my studies impact my chances of admission?

Our admissions process is blind to your financial circumstances. As noted in the Tuition and Fees section, it is the responsibility of the applicant to secure the needed financial resources.

Can I drop in and visit the campus when I’m in New York City?

We love visitors! To arrange a campus visit, please email admissions@tech.cornell.edu. We’ll be happy to show you around and do our best to have you sit in on a class if you’re interested.

Can I visit the Ithaca campus if I am applying for the MBA at Cornell Tech in NYC?

Of course! You can Schedule a Visit that includes sitting in on a class, Sage Hall tour, and current student information session (lunch provided). We strongly encourage visitors on Thursdays so you can also experience the network at Johnson for one of our weekly Sage Socials. Please see our calendar for more details.

Where can I meet Johnson admissions officers for more information?

Johnson’s admissions team travels the world to meet with new candidates for our residential MBA programs including the class at Cornell Tech. Please visit www.johnson.cornell.edu and select the “Attend an Admissions Event” button on the bottom right of the page. Recruitment for the inaugural class runs from July through November, 2013. We look forward to visiting you in your city!

Could the program be done in a low-residency format so I wouldn’t have to relocate?

The Cornell Tech MBA is intensive and designed to be completed in one academic year on a full-time, residential basis.

What are my chances of being accepted?

Successful candidates will be innovative, creative, cutting-edge individuals ready to act on and explore robust ideas that will test their passions. The Cornell Tech MBA builds a bridge between business and the digital economy and admitted students will demonstrate how they cross it.

Do you expect that most students will have Cornell undergraduate degrees?

No. Cornell explicitly intends for this program to be a diverse and balanced one, and our admissions process is designed to select students based on proven talent and degree of match with the unique mission and vision of Cornell NYC Tech.

Is prior work experience required to apply?

Yes. It is imperative that competitive candidates demonstrate their professional experience and readiness.  The perfect blend of technical knowhow and business acumen is essential for the next generation of true entrepreneurs and business leaders. If you do not have prior work experience, but still can demonstrate your fit within the Cornell NYC Tech mission, please contact the Program Manager, Jenna Abbott, at jma266@cornell.edu.

Can I submit my application first and send supplemental documents later?

No. All materials including your “creativity” should be uploaded directly to the application. An application is not considered submitted until the application fee has been paid. Only submitted applications will begin the review process.

How will I be notified of the admissions committee’s decision?

Admissions are handled directly through Johnson's Admissions office in Ithaca. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision via email and the online portal.

My application to the Cornell Tech MBA was rejected. Can I reapply?

If you are refused admission or declined a previous offer, you may reapply in the future through the online MBA application. You should plan to submit new supporting materials to be considered for admission.

I was accepted into the program, but I would like to defer my admission to another year. Is this possible?

Deferrals are considered on a case-by-case basis and reviewed by the admissions committee. Typically, deferrals are only granted to students pursuing an opportunity that would significantly enhance their Cornell NYC Tech MBA experience when they do come to the campus. If a candidate requests a deferral and is denied, s/he will need to reapply to be considered in the future.

Request More Information

If we didn’t answer your question above, send it to MBAtech@johnson.cornell.edu. If you would like to speak with someone, please contact the Program Manager, Jenna Abbott, at jma266@cornell.edu or call 607-255-4660.

亮瞎了我的双眼是那高昂的学费:95000美金,就一年啊,还没算住宿等杂费

亮瞎了我的双眼是那高昂的学费:95000美金,就一年啊,还没算住宿等杂费
sylvia1012 发表于 2013-7-23 12:52

吓尿我了,我再考虑一下了

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看