- 精华
- 0
- 积分
- 3260
- 经验
- 3260 点
- 威望
- 325 点
- 金钱
- 325 ¥
- 魅力
- 325
|
高级口语授课笔记(十一)--(二十一)
1. How can we break the logjam? 怎样打破僵局呢?
2. I’m otherwise engaged. 我有别的安排。
3. She was relegated / demoted. 她被降职了。
4. He can play hardball. 他可以玩狠的。
5. You’re so yellow. 你是个胆小鬼。
6. Don’t perjure yourself. 别撒谎。
7. I’m not a big fan of the golden mean. 我不懂什么中庸之道。
8. Stop fanning the flames. 别扇风点火了。
9. She’s a Girl Friday. 她是个女助理。
10. There’s life in the old dog yet. 小子,姜还是老的辣。
1. He is an underworld kingpin. 他是黑社会老大。
2.We have to make economies. 我们得省着点。
3. Let’s have a night out today. 今晚咱们出去玩吧。
4. It left a bad taste in my mouth. 这事我一想起来就别扭。
5. I just look on you as my brother. 我只把你当哥哥看待。
6. Don’t pull my focus. 别打扰我。
7. We’ll have to play for time. 我们得拖延时间。
8. The blurb was full of hyperbole. 广告充满夸张。
9. I really saw life. 我真是大开眼界。
10. She gave him a demure smile. 她冲他娴静地笑了笑。
1. She’s whiter than white. 她假装清纯。
2. She wont'budge. 她根本不听。
3. Dog doesn’t eat dog. 官官相护。
4. The movie is to be vetted. 电影要通过审查。
5. Hang out the white flag. 投降吧。
6. Well, you live and learn. 林子大了什么鸟都有。
7. There’s been a tacit agreement. 已经达成默契。
8. Nip it in the bud. 把它消灭在萌芽状态。
9. I hedge my bets. 我做两手准备。
10. I was washing up. 刚才我正洗漱呢。
1. Our relationship is strictly platonic. 我们的关系很纯洁。
2. We fell out. 我们闹翻了。
3. There’s no need to sustain this relationship. 没必要继续交往了。
4. You can confide in her. 你可以完全信任她。
5. That’s life. 生活就是这样。
6. This is the life! 这才叫生活!
7. She’s been leading him on. 她一直牵着他的鼻子走。
8. All my hard work is nullified. 我全部的心血都泡汤了。
9. He revealed it in an unguarded moment. 他一不小心说漏了。
10. Don’t cast pearls before swine. 不要对牛弹琴。
|
|