返回列表 发帖
Everyone in competitive society faces keen competitionincluding love competition. In a citythere were many young men who competed for a beautiful womanNancyThe chasing team was composed of about 20 peopleffice:smarttags" />Nancy received many compliments on her beauty but she only cared about Arthur and lke. Arthur was an editor. It took him years of hard work to compile a good dictionaryAnd he would complete the task soonNancy enjoyed reading the dictionaryIkeWas a strong competitor of ArthurHe was a handsome but not compatible piano playerHe always complained that life was getting more complex and difficultHe had enough complication in his lifeI would tell you the complicated processes soon He played many of his compositions for Nancy and she liked his musicAs we knowmost of the timejealousy was a component of loveAnd one day it even compelled lke to shoot at Arthur! The injured man was granted 20 thousand dollars in compensationIke couldnt be a competent lover foreverHe was put into jailA sentence could be an excellent complemnent to the storyThat isin every competitionevery one must comply with the law.

竞争的社会里,每个人都面临着激烈的竞争,当然也包括爱情竞争。在一个城市,有许多男人为一个美丽的女人南斯而竞争。求爱的队伍大约20组成。南斯因美丽而得到许多恭维,但她只在意阿瑟和艾克。阿瑟是个编辑。他花了好几年来编辑一部好字典。并且他很快就要完成任务了。南斯喜欢读那本字典。艾克是阿瑟一个强大的竞争者。艾克是个英俊但不能和睦相处的钢琴演奏家。他总是抱怨说生活变得越来越复杂和困难。他的一生有很大的纠纷。我将很快告诉你那错综复杂的过程。他为南斯演奏了他许多的作曲,而南斯也喜欢他的音乐。众所周知,很多时候,妒忌是爱情的一个组成部分。它甚至迫使艾克有一天向阿瑟开枪射击!伤者得到了2万美元的补偿。艾克永远都不可能是名胜任的爱人了。他被关进监狱。有句话是对这个故事的极好补充。那即是,在任何竞争中,任何人都必须遵照法律。

I saw a film last night. The film compressed ten years into two hours. Joseph was a chemist. We know a small baby has no concept of right and wrong. But Joseph wanted to inventr a conmpound to help babies to have good comprehension. The conception of thc plan occurred at a meeting of scientists. Joseph showed great interest concerning this plan. He was very seriously concerned with the problems involved. He concentrated all his attention on chemical research. No one could conceive of his hard work. But he concealed the research from his wife. So far as she was concerned, housework was more important. Everything went right except Jaseph must stop his work because of compulsory military service. He computed his losses at three months. So he worked harder after he went back. Eight years had passed before Joseph succeeded. He wrote a concise summary of his invention. A committee that comprised men of dif ferent views was sent to test his invention. They concluded that the compound really did work. A director of a big company tried to persuade Joseph to make some concession to sell the invention. But Joqeph had prepared to make no compromise. He'd like to give it to the public free. The newspaper made a comprehensive report of his deeds. A concert invited Joseph to make a speech. At the end of his speech, he said, "In conclusion, let me take the opportunity to thank all of you for your support."                  

我昨晚看了一场电影。电影将10年光阴压缩为两个小时。约瑟夫是个化学家。我们知道婴儿是没有错对概念的。但约瑟夫想发明一种让化合物来帮助婴儿拥有很好的理解力。些个计划的构想来源于一次科学家的聚会。关于这个计划,约瑟夫有浓厚的兴趣。他非常关心与此相关的问题。他集中他所有的注意力在化学研究上面。没人能设想他工作的辛苦。但他对妻子隐瞒了研究一事。说,家务事更重要。所有的事情都进展顺利除了约瑟夫必须因义务兵役而暂停工作他估计他损失三个月的时间。于是在回来后他更加努力工作。8年过去了,约瑟夫成功了。他为他的发明写了一个简明的要。一个由不同见解的人构成的委员会被派来检测他的发明。他们下结论说这个化合物确实有作用。一个大公司的董事长试图说服约瑟夫作些让步来卖掉他的发明。但约瑟夫早准备好了不妥协。他愿意将它无偿献给大众。报纸对他的行为做了内容广泛的报道。一个音乐会邀请约瑟夫去做演讲。演讲快结束时,他说:“最后,我借此机会感谢大家的支持。”fficeffice" />

A friend congratulated me on my new book about my trip. Then he asked me many questions in connection with life abroad. I said I would tell him a confidential story on condition that he kept it secret. My words confused him but also confirmed his thinking. Last year, in the country I visited the conjunction of the heavy rains and high winds caused flooding. At the same time, the conflict between the employers and workers led to the strike. The workers refused to conform to the unfair contract. They had been confined by the contract for many years. They condemned the employers for their bad conduct. And they had no confidence in the enlployers any more. Confronted by the angry crowd the police retreated. Congress conferred upon the strike but had no idea. A killer hired by some employers killed the strike leader, a confident orchestra conductor. A bus conductor caught the criminal. The criminal was confined in a prison and soon he confessed his crime. The criminal was condemned to death. The Queen conferred knighthood on the bus conductor at the press conference. But one month later, the bus conductor was murdered too. He was found dead nearby a post. made of concrete. I condensed the story to half its original length.

一个朋友祝贺我出了关于我自己旅游的新书。然后他问了许多关于海外生活的问题。我说他保密的条件下,将告诉他一个秘密的故事。我的话混淆了他,但也坚定了的念头。去年,在我待的那个国家暴雨和狂风的连结酿成洪水泛滥。与此同时,劳资双方的冲突也引起了一场罢工。工人拒绝遵守不公平的合同。他们被合同限制了多年。他们谴责雇主的不良行为。并且他们对雇主再也没有信任了。面对愤怒的人群,警察后退了。国会商谈着这场罢工,但有任何主意。一名受雇于一些老板的杀手杀死了罢工的领导人,一名自信的管弦乐队的指挥。一个公车售票员抓住了罪犯。罪犯被禁闭在监狱,很快他供认了罪行。罪犯被。女王在记者会议授予公车售票员骑士身份。但二个月后,公车售票员也被谋杀了。他被发现死在一根混凝土柱子边上。我将故事浓缩到了原采的一半。

A party consisted of ten conservatives. They were conscientious men. In consequence of their conscience, they worked constantly to raise people's consciousness on the conservation of natural resources. They said that the human being kept conquering nature and in consequence one day we would pay for the conquest at a considerable cost. It's conspicuous that forest was getting less and less. Consequently, every conscious person should give careful consideration to this problem. The ideas in their speeches were consistent. Analyzing their speech into its constituent parts, we knew that the strength of it consisted in the justice of it. Many people consented to support them. So their confidences were consolidated. The consensus of opinion at the latest meeting was that they would try to persuade the Congress to constitute some new constitutions,They were really considerate!

一个团体由10保守主义者组成。他们都是勤勤恳恳的人。由于良知缘故,他们不断地努力来唤起人们对自然资源保护意识。他们说人类一直在征服自然,因此有一天我们将为这征服而付出相当大的代价。森林越来越少是很明显的因而每一个有意识的人都应该对这个问题给予认真的考虑。他们演讲里的思想始终如一。分析他们演讲的成分的话,我们知道演讲的力量在于它的正义。许多人答应支持他们。于是他们的信心也加强了。在最近一次会议上,他们一致同意去说服议会制定一些新宪法。他们真的是考虑周到!fficeffice" />

There are seven continents in the world. There's too great a consumption of alcohol in ffice:smarttags" />Europe. Mr. Keble was an alcoholic. He said he cared for his health but his actions contradicted his words. He constructed a wine cellar for himself. And he consumed a big container of alcohol a week. He was content with alcohol. His favorite was to enter drinking contests. On the contrary, Mrs. Keble disliked alcohol very much. She still loved Mr. Keble, but felt a touch of contempt. She contended that he should stop drinking. But he always contradicted her. They quarreled about this continually. One day when Mrs.Keble arrived at home, she found her husband sleeping on the floor. The wine had contaminated his shirt. So she contacted his consultant at once to consult with him about this. The consultant was contemporary with the Keble's. In contrast with the Keblet's, he was always calm. He watched and concluded that continuous drinking had made Mr. Keble thoroughly week. He suggested Mr. Keble make a contract with him. Mr. Keble read the contract and agreed with him. Later, Mr.Keble took a new kind of medicine his consultant gave to him every day. After much difficulty, he contrived to stop drinking! Can you guess the contents of that contract from the context? Its about the new medicine. The new medicine proved an important contribution toward Mr. Keble.

世界有七大。在欧洲,酒的消费量惊人。基布尔先生是个酒鬼。他说他在意健康,但他的行为他的话矛盾。他为自己建造了一个酒窖。并且他一周就要消费一大集装箱的酒。他很满足于酒精。他喜爱的事情是参加喝酒竞赛正相反,基布尔夫人非常不喜欢酒。她虽然还爱着基布尔先生,但对他有了一丝轻蔑。她坚决主张他要戒酒。但他总是反驳她。他们在这件事情上不断地争执。一天当基布尔夫人到家的时候,她发现丈夫睡在地板上。酒已经把他的衬衫弄脏了。于是她立刻联系他的顾问医生向他请教怎么办。顾问医生与基布尔夫妇是同时代的人。他们成对比,他总是很镇静。他查看后下结论说持续的饮酒已经让基布尔先生变得非常虚弱了。他建议基布尔先生与他签订一份合同。基布尔先生读了合同之后同意了。后来基布尔先生每天吃一种顾问医生给他的新药。克服许多困难之后,他设法做到了戒酒!你能由上下文猜出那份合同内容?是关于那种新药的。这种新药证明对基布尔先生的健康有重要贡献

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看